Chapter Ten - Where is Marie?

Morgana POV

Morgana POV

I woke up early today and was very worried, yesterday me and Ed went to the Slytherin common room and asked the head boy if Marie was there, but he said she never came back last night.

I leave my room and go to the great hall, there I see Edward making fun of Owen.

"Come here! You two" I order and they come.

"Marie isn't here! She never loses breakfast, where is she?" I told them.

"I don't know. I fear that we are going to need to talk to Snape, which isn't very... Pleasant?" Owen said shyly

"Morgana, your next class is Herbology, right?" Edward asks and I agree, "She is in your class if she isn't there today, we go talk to Snape, ok?"

"Don't you rather talk to Professor McGonagall?" I ask him.

"I would. But Snape is not like Dumbledore, he doesn't even talk to the teachers anymore! I don't think that she will know." Edward says.

We go to our tables and eat, I leave for Herbology. I am the first to get there and I start taking care of a Fanged Geranium, some students start to arrive, but no signal from Marie. I know it wasn't her favorite class, but she isn't the type to skip.

Professor Sprout comes to me and asks, "Where is the Slytherin girl, the one that's always complaining?" she asks and I laugh at the description of Marie that she gave me. Professor Sprout and I were really close, Herbology is my favorite subject and I come sometimes after class to help her out.

"I was wondering the same thing, professor! Me and some friends are looking around for her, she disappeared" I told her a little sad and she asked me when, "Since yesterday." I responded.

"Oh, my dear! It's going to be okay! You should talk to the headmaster, see if maybe he can help you. " she suggested and I agreed.

The class passed at a glance and I left to meet with Edward and Owen. We grew really close to the young boy because he had no friends and was quite intelligent and fun.

"She wasn't there! Professor Sprout suggested that we should talk to Snape." I told them.

We left for the headmaster's office, when we arrive in the corridor, we see Snape leaving.

"Hey! Snape!" Edward screams and runs towards him

Snape stops, looks at us, and says, "Shouldn't you be in class?"

"I'm sorry, Professor, but we really need to talk to you! It's really important, a student could be in danger!" I say.

Snape looks at us intrigued and tells us, "You shall enter my office."

We go up to the room and sit.

"Tell me what is going on." He says coldly.

"Marie Balfour is missing, Professor." Owen stuttered at him.

Snape looked odd after he heard what Owen said.

"She left with her family." he said looking away.

"That can't be true! She would've told us!" Ed says standing up.

"Are you accusing me of lying, Mr. Mitchell?" Snape asks standing up, "She had no time to tell anyone and I didn't inform you, because I didn't know anyone would notice it, since she had no friends. Now leave my office and stop making assumptions." Snape says while he walks around the big room.

"But Professor-" I tried to talk to him.

"Leave my office or detention, you three." He said looking at us.

We left the place confused, it didn't seem like it, I don't think he's telling the truth. Yesterday afternoon, she was already complaining about having Herbology the other day and it didn't seem like she was going to leave.

We were all worried and Edward wanted to kill Snape, "I am going to kill that oily haired bastard when I see him again!".

Is it true? Did she leave? Or did something else happened?