𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍

𝐕𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 : 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒
— HOLIDAY SEASON ❀

. . . the most magical time of the year

╰      ╯

— MIO SOFTLY SANG 'Let It Snow' as she strolled down the path that led to town. When the winter season began, the townspeople decorated the town with garlands, wreaths, mistletoe, and lights. The main display was the huge Balsam Fir tree in the center of town. The Balsam Fir tree was 30 feet, surrounded by Poinsettias on the ground and covered in the light snow that fell in the morning. 

She usually went into town with Headmaster Kaien but he was trying to finish the paperwork he procrastinated on, and Zero just slammed the door on her. Apparently, he wasn't in the mood to socialize - but he never was. Mio was sad she would have to find the perfect tree by herself. She tends to need someone else's opinion when making decisions for decoration or fashion. 

She was stuck between the pretty Poinsettia or a red and white theme for the tree. The pretty Poinsettia would have white Poinsettias, white, gold, and silver ornaments, white ribbon spiraling down the sides of the tree, and to tie it together, a silver-gold star on top. For the red and white theme, it would have candy canes, red and white ornaments, doves, white tinsel wrapping around the tree, and red Poinsettias. 

The pretty Poinsettia theme would appear elegant while the red and white theme would be festive. The smell of hot chocolate brought her wandering mind back into the present. A smile pulled on her as the twinkling lights and the townspeople chatter began to surround her. 

"Good afternoon, Mio!" 

Mio waved her hand and approached one of the stands. "Good Afternoon, Hideaki-san!" She gave him a smile. Hideaki was 2 years older than her and the son of a local baker. Mio always bought pastries from their bakery and it allowed a friendship to form between both teenagers. "Where's your father?" 

"We ran out of cakes so he went back into the bakery to make more." Mio's lips turned downward. 

"Not my favorite flavor," she cried. Hideaki gave her an innocent grin before handing her a cupcake. She saw Hideaki's blue eyes focused on something behind her. She turned around and scanned the area, seeing nothing out of the normal, just people with shopping bags walking by. From the corner of her eye, she saw a tall figure in the shadows, yet when she turned her full attention to the shadows, there was nothing. 

She returned her gaze back onto Hideaki and he was looking at the same area she had been. She cleared her throat, "See someone of interest? Zero won't be happy," she causally stated and bit into her cupcake. 

"I saw no- wait! Why did you include Zero into this!?" He yelped, waving his arms and his cheeks flushing red.

Mio smirked. "Ah, young love~" 

"No-no, it-its not like t-that! I just admire him, that's all. Yeah, that's my reason. I just admire him, nothing more." Hideaki rambled as he tried to come up with a good excuse. 

 "Oh, Happy Holidays, Moriyama-san!" Mio moved to her left to properly wave to the older man before biting into the cupcake again. 

The older man gave her a wide grin. "Ah, Mio-chan, are you here by yourself?" Mio nodded her head, her mouth stuffed with the cupcake. "Take Hideaki with you. It's not safe for anyone to be alone. Hopefully, Kaien finishes his paperwork and comes. Or Zero, since someone is antsy to see him." Mio covered her mouth as a loud laugh escaped her.