𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐕𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 : 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒
— CHAPTER FIVE ❀

. . . st. xocolatl's is a joy!

╰        ╯

MIO'S LAVENDER HAIR FLEW BEHIND HER as she ran towards the Moon Dorms. She groaned when she remembered what day it was. St. Xocolatl. She would enjoy the holiday if it wasn't for her duty as the Dispinlary Committee.

She halted in front of the crowd of fangirls who were attempting their best to push themselves to the front of the mob and inside the gates. "Come on girls! It's too early for this and classes are starting soon," Mio yelled, extended out her arms as a barrier. 

The girls only pushed harder and tried to get past Mio's barrier - a barrier that didn't do anything. Becoming irritated by the fangirls ignoring her, Mio swiftly climbed on top of the gates and placed two fingers in her mouth, whistling. The whistle was loud and sharp, effectively getting the attention of the fangirls and the vampires inside who were awakened by the screams.

"I said classes are starting soon so get to class! All Day Class Students report to your classrooms unless you want to be marked absent!"

While Mio was occupied trying to get the fangirls to listen to her, two girls took advantage of her being distracted. A girl who was wearing pigtails and glasses climbed onto her friend's shoulder and tried to climb onto the top of the gates. Mio pinched the bridge of her nose and looked down at the group of girls. 

"Wha- hey, that's dangerous! Stop, get down," Mio cried out. Her light beige skin color lost its color when the second girl started to wobble and couldn't support her friend anymore. With wide sherbet pink eyes, Mio watched as the girl fell from her friend's shoulder.

Zero appeared out of nowhere and caught the girl in his arms. 

"Thank you Kiriyu," The girl said, staring at Zero with a light blush and admiration in her voice. Zero scowled at the girl, who flinched and moved away from him. Then he shifted his glare towards the group of fangirls. 

"The Night Class does not leave the Moon Dorms during sunlight. If you need to give them your presents, you will wait until dusk. I will make sure you are suspended from attending this event until you graduate if anyone pulls a stunt like this again."

Mio's eyes lingered after the group of girls as they walked away muttering nasty things about Zero. "And you, are you planning on staying up there all day too!?" Zero barked, turning his glare onto Mio's figure still standing on top of the gates.

"That glare doesn't work on me, grumpy!"

"What did you call me pipsqueak?!"

"Must be hard of hearing, old man!"

Mio and Zero threw insults to each other, neither one backing down and every insult getting harsher. Mio jumped down from the gates, smacking Zero on the head and scurrying away as a ticked off Zero chased after her. Mio grinned as she ran down the pathway towards their classroom, relieved she was able to make Zero forget the words the fangirls said about him. She knew that it pained him even if it didn't show.

"Yori!" Mio back hugged said girl, when she spotted her orange-haired friend. "Waa, that's a huge pile of chocolates! Who gave you chocolates Yori?" Usually, the desk Yori and Mio sat at was empty and only had their books but today it had boxes of chocolates on it.

"They're yours. Some are even from upperclassmen," Yori teased, succeeding in embarrassing the lavender-haired girl. Mio blushed rose-red and buried her head into Yori's neck as she felt the gazes from her classmates.