𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐕𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 : 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒
— CHAPTER SEVEN ❀

. . . and blood is spilled

╰      ╯

ZERO CLUTCHED HIS NECK as he leaned against the wooden banister of the stairs. Smelling Mio's blood made him relapse and the beast inside him started to crave blood. He had never smelt blood so heavenly and it disgusted him for thinking that. His mind became filled with the thought of drinking her blood and it was all he could think of. 

"Zero?"

His heart stopped beating, hearing Mio's concerned voice call for him. His grip on the wooden banister became tighter and cracks soon appeared. He heard footsteps Mio's light footsteps start making their way towards him.

"I chased after you. I ran all over town and didn't even get a glimpse of silver hair, where were you? You had me so worried," Mio's soft voice spoke, her eyes showing relief that Zero unharmed.

"Get away from me, Mio,"

Mio stopped in making her way down the stairs. "Zero? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just stay away from me!" He shouted, startling Mio. She moved back to try and create distance between Zero and her. He couldn't handle it anymore. He had to drink her blood. 

The bandage Mio had wrapped around her wrist became undone and the aroma of her blood filled the air. Her sweet, pure blood. At the smell of her blood, the beast within took control. It was her blood, her blood that would satisfy his bloodlust.

Zero's hand reached out and gripped Mio's wrist, yanking her down the stairs. Mio gasped in fright, her eyes closing when she felt her body fall forward. Zero pressed her back against his chest and wrapped his left arm across her waist. 

With trembling hands, Zero tilted her head to the side and left her neck fully exposed. His heart started to beat with anticipation of the fulfilling blood that would soon taint his lips. His fangs grew past his upper lips and his tongue licked the pulsing blood vessel that was urging him to take a bite.

Mio whimpered, her knees buckling at the pain that shot through her body when Zero's fangs break through her skin and started to suck the blood out of her carotid artery. Her mind was puzzled. She was trying to understand the many thought that flew around her head.

One thought overpowered the others, but it wasn't a thought. It was a fragment of her forgotten beginning. Mio's eyes widened. She heard someone speak in her mind. The feeling of deja vu overcame her - she heard this voice before. The voice reminded her of someone with a high ranking, sophisticated, and elegant.

My cherry blossom, I hope one day you could forgive me. Your mother is a selfish creature for doing this to you. Nevertheless remember, these are one of the horrors of everlasting life.

Mio's head lowered and the moonlight that shined through the window made the tears streaming down her face glow. Her mother.

Zero snapped out of his bloodlust when he felt something wet fall land on his dorsal. He removed his fangs from Mio's neck and stumbled back, crashing into the wall behind him. Mio turned around and pressed her palm against the vampire bite, trying to stop the bleeding. Her sherbet pink eyes connected with Zero's crimson glowing eyes.

"Have you already lost control of the beast inside of you?" Kaname's harsh voice broke Mio's and Zero's concentration on each other. He walked down the stairs and stood in front of Mio, attempting to protect her.