𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄

𝐕𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 : 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒
— CHAPTER TWELVE ❀

. . . the white stallion

╰       ╯

— MIO STARED AT THE grass as it swayed with the cool morning air. Her thoughts wandered from the vampire world to Zero to her past. She thought she knew everything yet it seemed there was so much she needed to learn. She gripped the hand that landed on her shoulder, startled by the sudden touch. Looking up, she was met with the worried eyes of her best friend Yori. 

"Is something wrong?" Yori asked in a worried tone, crunching down beside Mio.

 Mio shook her head, muttering she was tired. Yori didn't know of the existence of vampires so Mio couldn't talk about it with her. She had no one to turn to with the concerns about the events she experiences. 

Yori didn't believe Mio. It was obvious something was weighing on the lavender-haired girl. She let it go. She couldn't force Mio to tell her anything. 

"So, Lily is the only horse left," Yori announced, pointing her hand towards the white stallion. 

At Yori's announcement, Mio let out a groan. Lily doesn't hate her - she's just mischievous with Mio. Last time, Mio had taken Lily out on a walk and she ended taking a swim in the lake. Mio learned to never walk in front of Lily, especially in front of water. 

Mio brushed off her breeches and gently approached Lily. Lily stopped eating the hay in the wooden box and turned her head, feeling someone approach her. Noticing it was Mio, she neighed and went back to eating. 

"Okay, at least you didn't ignore me," she nervously said. Lily hadn't done anything. She was calm, too calm. 

"Go Mio!" Yori encouraged her. Mio gave Yori an anxious look and grabbed Lily's reins. 

"Lily, please don't do anything," Mio pleaded and worked to untie Lily's reins. Mio relaxed her back when she realized Lily wasn't making any suspicious movement. 

Lily's head snapped up when the aura of the morning changed. She stood on her back legs and removed herself from Mio's grip, racing off. 

Mio squealed in pain and grabbed her bottom in pain. Yori covered her mouth to prevent her laughter from coming out. Realizing Lily was free, Mio pushed her pain aside and quickly ran after her. 

"Why must you make my life hard?!" She whined, trying to catch up with the stallion. 

Day students immediately moved out of the way of the white stallion, screaming in fear and shrieking to their teacher to grab her. 

Lily huffed, her eyes focused on Zero, who was peacefully sleeping underneath the shade of a tree. Zero opened his eyes, hearing the screams of fears of his classmates. He sat up, leaning his back against the tree trunk. 

"You had to ruin my sleep," He muttered. Once Lily was close enough, Zero grabbed her reins and somehow, jumped in the air, and landed on Lily's saddle. He patted her silver mane, gradually calming her down. The day students admired Zero for his ability to tame the 'Horse From Hell'. 

Mio rushed up to Zero and Lily. "I don't know what happened. She was calm and collected, then all of a sudden, she freaked out and ran off," Mio informed Zero. She dedicated touching Lily's ears. Lily neighed and touched Mio's cheek with her nose. 

Zero gave Mio a small glance before looking towards the right. "Don't worry, it wasn't your fault," Zero stated, his eyes narrowed at the open window of the Moon Dorms. 

∘ ─── ♡༉ ─── ∘

Takuma placed his hand over his heart. "That white horse is too sensitive. When I opened the window, it went crazy and kicked Mio. I would never expect a horse to give me a fright." Takuma lifted his arms to his nose. "I don't smell - aside from my strawberry shampoo. Could it be...does that horse sense what we are?" Takuma rambled, looking over his right shoulder to stare at Kaname. 

Kaname didn't reply or look at Takuma, continuing to keep his focus on the paper he was writing. The only movement Takuma saw Kaname do was moving his head to lean onto his palm. Takuma wasn't upset by Kaname's action. Being his best friend for years made him get used to Kaname's unresponsive and dull actions. 

Takuma's emerald eyes brightened when a wonderful idea popped into his head. He placed his hands behind his back, a teasing smile on his face, and walked towards Kaname's desk. "You're not curious where the horse hit Mio? It was somewhere special,"

The scratching of a quill against a paper stopped. Takuma's smile only widened when Kaname's red-brown eyes glared at him. If Takuma hadn't been childhood friends with Kaname or another aristocrat vampire, he would have broken down crying and beg for forgiveness. 

Takuma ignored the glare and continued on with his one-sided conversation. "We rarely have a holiday. And you're spending it inside an office, writing." 

Kaname finally responded with a sigh and placed down his quill. "I'm responding to the reports that place is sending me," 

Takuma ohed, "Those old men," Takuma started, causing Kaname to raise an eyebrow at his words. It was as if Takuma forgot his grandfather was involved with the Council. "I spend my day reading manga, so sophisticated words aren't my specialty." 

Kaname's office went quiet since Kaname didn't answer and focused on the paper he was writing. Takuma allowed the silence for a few minutes before he broke it again. 

"If only you weren't writing, you could wish Mio a fast recovery. It seemed hurtful. She quickly moved to ease down the pain," 

For the second time that morning, Kaname glared as Takuma laughed. He was having fun teasing Kaname. "I'm going back to my room and enjoy this rare holiday by reading my mangas," 

"Takuma," Kaname called out, "I have something for you to fulfill," 

Takuma left Kaname's office after Kaname explained what he wanted Takuma to do. If he hadn't teased Kaname about Mio, maybe he could have enjoyed the day off. Or if he was someone else, he would have felt disappointed, but he is Takuma. 

"I don't regret anything," Takuma cheered. He could feel Kaname's glare through the wooden door as he hummed and skipped away from the office door. 

∘ ─── ♡༉ ─── ∘

( AUTHOR NOTE! )

( AUTHOR NOTE! )

Can I just say, Takuma is one of my favorite VK characters. He's so cheerful and positive, it makes him so lovable. He never fails to make me smile or laugh. 

Also, I have another VK fanfiction in my drafts 😅 The storyline popped into my and I developed it. I have three chapters for it. Then another storyline popped into my head, however, this one isn't developed yet. Keyword yet! I'm not sure if I want to publish any of the two since I don't have a detailed plan for it. But I'm passionate about them. So, we'll see.

 I hope you enjoy this chapter and thank you for reading! Stay tuned for the next chapter