𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝐕𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 : 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒
— CHAPTER EIGHT ❀

. . . within the pages

╰       ╯

MIO'S EYELASHES BRUSHED AGAINST her round cheeks. Her pink eyes were hidden from the world as her body gradually recovered from the spell performed on her. A soft groan bounced throughout the room as Mio started to wake up. 

She blinked open her eyes and the harsh rays of the fluorescent lights dazed her. Her beige hand pushed the white linens away from her body as she sat up on the bed. Silently sitting on the bed, she recalled the memories of what had happened. She remembered Zero biting her and drinking her blood from her carotid artery.

She couldn't remember what had occurred in the infirmary room. Not the spell Kaname performed on her, not the words or sounds that had spun around her head. So, she assumed her body felt heavy due to a large amount of blood taken from her.

Mio's sherbet eyes weren't twinkling with mischief or happiness. Her lips were turned downwards as she began to theorize what happened to Zero.

Zero was a vampire, but how? He is from the Kiryuu family, a notorious vampire hunter family. Vampire hunters are human, not vampires. They are trained to hunt vampires, the monsters that prey on unsuspecting humans. If a vampire hunter was a vampire, it contradicts the whole vampire hunter title.

Remembering the books about the vampire race in Headmaster's Cross library, she vaguely recalled the ranking levels. She pursed her lips and swing her legs over the bed, determined to uncover what happened.

∘ ─── ♡༉ ─── ∘

Purebloods, also known as Level A, are superior vampires. The vampire amidst vampires. Their bloodline has never been tainted with a single drop of human blood, making their lineage clean from any human ancestry. Hence the title Purebloods.

Purebloods hold unimagine powers and are of great importance to the vampire world. Their powers are exclusively for vampires with pure blood. Although Level A may share the same qualities in their blood, they also have their own powers. Due to the ability Purebloods have, they are held to a high standard, treated as if they were royalty. Without them, the vampire world would be in chaos.

The vampire world consists of four other levels but none are as valuable as a Level A. Purebloods were deemed as a dying race and The Senate was entrusted with protecting the last of the remaining Purebloods. Currently, there are seven remaining Pureblood families.

1. Kuran

2. Hio

3. Hanadagi

4. Toma

5. Shirabuki

6. Ori (Lord)

7. Shoto

Mio halted in her reading when the names of the Pureblood families were revealed. Her body violently jerked as if it was convulsing. Once her body had loosened up, she laid her head on the open pages of the book. Letting out an aggravated sigh, she turned her head to gaze out of the kitchen window. Her eyes went wide and a cold sensation coursed through her body.

In the reflection of the window, was a different version of herself. The Mio she started at in her mirror had rosy cheeks, shoulder-length lavender hair, and twinkling sherbet eyes. This version had no warmth in beige skin that usually appeared golden and the most terrifying features were her eyes. The sherbert pink eyes she was comfortable to stare back into had changed. They were crimson red, glowing in hungry and insanity. 

"This is you," a raspy voice declared from within her head. Mio shook her head in denial. The thing she was staring at wasn't - couldn't be her. 

She wasn't a monster. 

"Yes, it will. If you don't remember your past. It will only get worse. Your visions, your nightmares, your sickness, it will get worse. The person you know will deteriorate and the person before your eyes will take over, becoming you." 

The tears Mio had suppressed, were no longer in her control. One by one, they started to fall from her eyes. Abruptly, she should up from her seat and slammed her head on the wooden table. 

"No, I won't. No one decides what happens to me unless it's me." Mio declared. She scowled at her reflection, determination burning in her eyes. "You will never win. I won't let you take over." Her reflection smirked and vanished. Mio left the Headmaster's library and marched towards his office. 

∘ ─── ♡༉ ─── ∘

"Mio?" Kaien questioned with confusion lacing his voice. Mio marched over to his desk and crossed her arms. 

"Tell me what happened." She demanded, her face blank of any emotion. Understanding what she meant, Kaien started to explain to her what happened to Zero and what become of his family.

"- I'm sorry I didn't tell you. We thought it would have been better if you didn't know." Kaien apologized, a downhearted look on his face.

A humorless chuckle escaped her lips, "And by we, I assume Kaname, Yuki, and you?" Mio watched as the Headmaster winced at the anger in her tone. 

Kaien pushed back his bangs. "They didn't want you to be frightened. You don't have the best memories of vampires. Your very first memory was about a Level E going to drink from you, they deemed-"

"It was years ago! Any child would have been afraid. I was able to move on from my first encounter with vampires. I was able to accept that not only humans roam this world but so do other creatures." Mio scoffed. It was ridiculous. Who were they to speak about what she could know?

"Zero is still Zero. I still cherish him. I still care about him. I still love him. He's my brother. Nothing will ever change that. Do me a courtesy and stop making decisions regarding me without my permission. The control Kaname, Yuki, and you have over my life ends today. It's over." 

∘ ─── ♡༉ ─── ∘

( AUTHOR NOTE! )

( AUTHOR NOTE! )

This chapter is a filler. I'm sorry that you couldn't read an actual chapter. School started 2 weeks ago and the only genuine days I can write are on Friday nights and the weekends. I decided to do some of my work on Saturday and Sunday so I could write a chapter today.

Now that school has started, I'm trying to find a day where I can give Floral Kiss my 100% attention. I'm thinking I will most likely be writing on Friday nights then publishing it on Saturday morning. I'm not sure of this schedule, I'm just going to try it out. I frequently update Floral Kiss, I don't like to leave a huge time gap for publishing the next chapters (my other books can't relate). This is why I'm trying to find a schedule.

Anywho, I hope you like this chapter, and thank you for reading. Stay tuned!

PS - I tried to update yesterday but it wouldn't let me 😭 so it's released today