𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐕𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 : 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒
- CHAPTER THIRTEEN ❀

. . . a day in town

╰ ╯

- MIO GIGGLED AS SHE tried to balance herself on top of the stone wall. She looked over her shoulder and saw Zero following her with his usual cold expression.

"Hey, Zero? Do you think we'll see Hideaki?" Mio teased, a cheeky grin on her face. Zero sighed, rubbing his temple from the headache he could feel forming.

"I don't know and I don't care,"

Mio hmped and remained quiet for the remainder of the walk. A mischievous smile pulled on her lips as she began formulation a plan to get her good friend, Hideaki, alone with Zero.

She was going to play cupid.

"It's been a while since we have gone out of Cross Academy and to town," Mio sighed when Zero didn't reply to her. "I guess, I'll just talk to myself then,"

"Did you bring the list?" Zero muttered, looking up to the lavender-haired girl. She nodded and pulled out the list the Chairmain wrote for them. Zero took it from her hand and his eyes flickered across the small piece of paper, reading the words.

Once they had arrived at the town, they swiftly went to the different stands throughout the center of town. Mio changed the bag of produce from her right arm into her left hand. Her eyes were drawn to a stand displaying articles of clothing.

Looking back at Zero, she grabbed onto his wrist and pulled him towards the stand. "Let's get you something!" She exclaimed and began looking through the different items. Her lips formed a frown as minutes went by and she didn't see anything that would suit Zero.

Her eyes brightened up when she saw a white t-shirt with black sleeves. It was similar to the t-shirts she has seen Zero wear before. She spun around as a bubbly smile pulled on her shimmering lips.

"Look!" She happily exclaimed, lifting up the shirt. "I think it fits you, don't you think?"

Mio placed the shirt against Zero's body, her sherbet pink eyes staring at every detail, making sure it would fit the male. Nodding her head, she turned around and asked the vendor how much the shirt would be.

Looking over her shoulder, she saw Zero walking away. "Hey, where are you going?! Zero!" She glared at his back when he didn't reply and continued walking. "I wonder why I bother with him - oh, thank you so much!"

She gave the vendor a quick bow and chased after Zero. She punched his back when she was close enough. "You're a jerk! How could you leave me?"

Zero sighed, "Are you done buying items? I'm hungry,"

A light bulb went off in Mio's head. Her eyes darted to a bakery to their right. A mischievous smile replaced her annoyed expression. "It's Moriyama's bakery, let's go~" She didn't allow the silver-haired male to reply - already pulling him towards the bakery.

The bell above the door chimed as the duo entered and the sweet aroma of pastries circled them.

"Hideaki!" Mio waved with her free hand, her bubbly aura returning. Hideaki gave her a smile and waved back. "Take this and go sit over there while I order!" She pushed the bag of her prior purchases into Zero's arms and shoved him towards the end of the bakery. Zero gave her a blank look beofre doing what he was told.