𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐕𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 : 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒
— CHAPTER FOURTEEN ❀

. . . attending the birthday celebration

 attending the birthday celebration

╰      ╯

Mio's right eyebrow raised at the invitation on her desk. Tearing open the seal, an elegant white peeked from the golden envelope. She turned over the card and saw Takuma's names in a cursive font and the words you are invited underneath. The second price of paper caught her eye, informing the event that occurred in town could be explained at the party. 

She had been curious about the reason for the night students to be outside in full sunshine. Standing up from her desk, she walked over to the window and glanced at the sun. It was beginning to sit on the horizon line, meaning the party would soon begin. 

Mio rubbed her temple, wondering if she would actually attend the party. "I wonder if Zero received an invitation," She murmured to herself, glancing back at the white envelope on her desk. 

When the sun had stopped coloring the sky, Mio grabbed her jacket from her desk chair and told Yori a white lie before exiting the room. On her way to the boy dorms, she bumped into Zero, who raised an eyebrow at her. 

"Did you receive an invitation?" Mio asked. Zero nodded his head and continued walking. "Wait, you're actually going?" 

"You're not?" Zero stopped walking, looking over his shoulder to stare at the lavender-haired girl. He scrunched his nose when he smelt her. Going back towards Mio, he leaned down and sniffed her neck.

Mio jumped back, "what are you doing?"

"You smell," 

"What does that mean?!" 

Zero rolled his eyes, "Not like that, you smell like a vampire. . .an aristocratic vampire to be specific." 

"It must be Senri's," Mio said, remembering the jacket the aristocrat vampire gave her to cover her bloody shirt. 

"I don't like the smell of vampire on you," Zero stated. "It doesn't suit you," He turned around and continued walking towards the Moon Dorms.  His eyes were narrowed at the idea of Mio being a vampire. 

"Um, thanks," Mio replied in a perplexed tone and walked after Zero. The duo walked in comfortable silence. When they approached the entrance of the Moon Dorms and they showed their armbands to the gatekeeper. 

Passing by the gatekeeper and onto the pathway for the Moon Dorms, they tensed at the heavy presence traveling throughout the area. 

Mio stretched her left hand over her abdomen and unclasped her anti-vampire weapon.  Glancing at Zero, she nodded her head at his silent question - do you feel the presence surrounding us?