Revelations

"It's not my place to say, but she was a very important member of Scott's pack," Alan said, answering Hayden's question. It didn't take long for him to get a text message from Scott, saying that he would be there soon. The druid turned to the girl and asked.

"Are you sure this is what you want, Hayden? There is no guarantee that you'll keep all of your abilities if Scott agrees to give you the bite, and you'll be affected by supernatural laws."

"I'm sure," Hayden responded with a nod, thinking about how Valerie reacted after she disappeared for 3 days, not knowing that she was dead. She didn't want to leave her sister all alone, they were all they had, so she was sure this was what she wanted.

"Doc!" Scott's voice drew their attention from the reception a few minutes later.

Alan left Hayden to open the mountain ash gate leading to the back. He greeted his protégé and allowed him inside. When Scott asked what was wrong, Alan just led him to Hayden, and the moment he walked in the room, the scent of blood hit him. Alan narrowed his eyes on Scott when he saw him take a moment to calm himself. He thought he saw dark veins under the boy's eyes for a moment.

"What's happened?" Scott asked after getting his blood thirst in control, looking at Hayden. It had been a while since he fed on Corinne.

"Hayden was wounded by the Beast," Alan explained. "And since she's a chimera, I'm not sure if she can heal." It only took Scott a moment to catch on and turned to Hayden.

"You want the Bite," he guessed, and she nodded her confirmation. "I don't know if it'll work."

"What do you mean?" Alan inquired, a little confused.

Scott revealed the night's events, trying to give more detail since Alan was a man of knowledge and was likely to know something about what was happening to him. After he was done with his explanation, the druid only had one mystery solved and plenty more created.

"You may not know this, Scott, but there are two kinds of werewolves; the original and the evolved," Alan began to explain. "Original werewolves are all born and can only shape-shift during the full moon. Their werewolf gene remains dormant until their first kill, and they only have one form, a true wolf form with yellow eyes, even the Alphas, and their transformations are known to not be so pleasant. Evolved werewolves emerged from them when original werewolves were being driven to extinction by vampires when they discovered a werewolf's bite was fatal to them..."

"Vampires are real?" Hayden interrupted, shocked.

"Yes, Hayden," Alan confirmed. "More often than not, myths originated from something real and have some truths to them."

He noticed that Scott remained silent, probably thinking of what his situation meant for him, so he continued.

"The Hales are evolved werewolves, as are you, Scott, or so we thought. It seems like you're both, somehow, and that an Alpha werewolf's bite can turn a dormant werewolf."

Scott had arrived at that conclusion, but...

"That would mean I was born a werewolf, and at least one of my parents carries the gene," he said, shaking his head. "But I know for a fact my dad has killed, and he hasn't shown any knowledge of the supernatural, not even after seeing an oni, and it wounded him.

This only leaves... My mom, but she didn't know anything about the existence of supernaturals until she saw me."

Silence reigned after that. Hayden didn't know anything about the Oni, a lot of things, actually, only what Theo revealed and the other chimeras.

"There is another option, you might have been changed by the Dread Doctors as they did with the chimeras to give the Beast the body of the rarest of canine shape-shifters," Alan suggested. "It's the only reasonable conclusion since vampires can't procreate. Now, as for your graving for blood - partially shift."