Chapter 61

Donovan House

"What am I going to tell Scott's mom?" Malia asked Lydia who handed her phone to her. "Hey! I'm returning your call like Lydia said that I would. Oh, just so you know, Scott isn't answering your call because he's dead, again."

"How about you just tell her that Scott left his phone, and he's out with Rebekah unpacking his dinner with Klaus?" Lydia suggested an alternative. "Scott can tell her about his death himself."

"That's better," Rebekah said entering the empty bedroom save for Lydia, Malia, and Scott's body, five sleeping bags, a bag carrying blood bags full of blood, and other miscellaneous things. "The food is ready."

"I'm not hungry," Malia replied, but the sound of her stomach said otherwise.

"Go on and eat, love," Rebekah encouraged. "Starving yourself isn't going to revive Scott any faster, and you have to be convincing when you call his mother, do it while you eat, and you won't have to work as hard to be convincing."

"She's got a point," Lydia supported Rebekah, although she didn't feel like eating either, that could be because she already ate. "It took sixteen hours for Allison, Scott, and Stiles to revive the first time they died, and sitting around didn't make them come back any sooner."

Lydia earned herself two shocked looks from Malia and Rebekah.

"Sixteen hours?" Malia looked at Rebekah hoping that wasn't how long it was going to take Scott to revive.

"It isn't going to take that long, Malia," Rebekah assured her. "Go eat and try to distract yourself."

To help with getting Malia out of the room, Lydia pulled her from her sleeping bag which was next to Scott's, and thankfully she allowed herself to be pulled up and helped with the process.

"Call me when he revives," Malia requested.

"I will," Rebekah promised and after one last look at Scott's body, Malia reluctantly left with Lydia while Rebekah took her place on the sleeping bag.
CUT
Malia walked into an unsettling scene when she entered the kitchen with Lydia, the person who organized Scott's assassination eating dinner with the pack.

Yes, she knew that Belasko was possessing Alexis, but the absence of his raven eyes made it all unnerving and brought up Malia's anger at the woman.

"If looks could kill," Alexis-B commented noticing Malia's eyes flashing Alpha red in his direction.

"Sorry," Malia apologized schooling her eyes back to their human appearance. "I don't know how Scott does it, how he keeps forgiving people who have tried to kill him."

"It's not really about being forgiving but trying very hard to not become like the Alphas that turned his life upside down," Alexis-B replied between bites as Lydia and Malia joined the others and the latter began eating. "Scott's first impression of people is hard to shake off, and his first impressions of almost all the Alphas he met were very negative.

But he has started to accept all parts of himself, including those that he shares with the Alphas that turned his world upside down.

Hence, he took on Peter's philosophy of attacking an enemy, or a potential one, before they attack and making a statement that puts everyone on notice.

Only, instead of killing off the whole supernatural population of New Orleans so that he would rebuild it in his image, he started first by remaking the Werewolf Faction in his image, with consent, and then targeted the strongest vampire in the city while the pack took on his organization.

The first impressions that made Scott McCall fear himself and what he's capable of doing are now his tools to improve and then use, and improving and using them made and gave him everything Peter always wanted and more.