Chapter 33

Two Weeks Later

The Bayou

Two weeks later found Mr Bhediya, Mrs Ikooko, Malia and Scott training in the wetlands with Mary watching intently, pleased with how far the young alphas have come.

Apart from working on coexistence with the Faction, Malia and Scott received lessons and training from the oldest members of the pack, ranging from supernatural knowledge, werewolf legends, leadership skills and combat training in all their forms; human, werecoyote/werewolf and coyote/wolf.

Pack trade secrets were shared and bonds strengthened, especially after all members of McCall Pack, which Malia insisted they keep the name, arrived in New Orleans and spent the rest of the week training and getting to know their new pack members before the younger generation left for Beacon Hills with Alan, Chris, Jordan and Melissa.

Now, however, Cora, Lydia, Malia and Scott were about to leave as well with the intention of having a real road trip which was going to lead them to Mystic Falls to pay Lydia's cousin Tyler a surprise visit, leaving Derek and Marin in New Orleans to keep an eye on things.

"How long have they been at it?" Derek asked Mary, approaching her.

"About ten minutes." Mary replied, having heard him approaching. "They work well together."

"Yeah." Derek agreed, proud of the two.

Mr Bhediya, Mrs Ikooko, Malia and Scott closed their sparring a few minutes later and approached Derek and Mary.

"Derek." Scott greeted. "How is training the new werewolves going?"

"Better than the training I gave you when you were newly turned." Derek replied, smiling.

"I didn't really want to learn anything other than how to control my shifts back then." Scott said. "And becoming human again."

"That's how some newly triggered werewolves react after their first transformation." Mrs Ikooko informed. "They see being werewolves as a curse and nothing more, which is when they are not using their abilities to their advantage."

"True, but at least this generation have an alpha who knows and understands how they feel and has provided means for it to understand what it is, what it's capable of and that it's not alone." Mr Bhediya said.

"An alpha never walks alone, and neither does he/she do anything alone. We're social people; everything we do is a team effort." Scott replied.

"Speaking of alphas never walking alone, you two are aware that it'll not be just the four of you on the road, aren't you?" Mary inquired. "Your personal protection teams will be with you every step of the way."

"We know. You've all made sure we don't ever forget it." Malia said. "Speaking of roads, I think it's time to leave."

Indeed it was time for Cora, Lydia, Malia and Scott to leave New Orleans but before that the latter two returned to the city to shower and after goodbyes were exchanged the four hit the road.

Niklaus' Mansion

As the days passed into weeks and Greta and Klaus' attempts for the former to regain her magic failed, the latter became frustrated and impatient.

Daniel had found out from Mystic Falls High School records who Scott and Liam were; Scott McCall and Liam Dunbar, both from Beacon Hills, a town that sounded familiar, and went to a high school of the same name together, at least until Scott graduated not long ago.

Klaus wanted to pay the town a visit, specifically Scott McCall, who killed Katerina, and his pack, but he couldn't do that yet because his pack wasn't complete and Rebekah was still at large. His conclusion was that he needed a new witch while he waited for Kimberly to find his sister.