Chapter 36

Niklaus' Manson

"As a witch, your physiology is similar to that of humans, therefore like them; you're physically weaker and slower than species like vampires and werewolves." Klaus explained to an exhausted and breathless Greta who was on the floor. "We need to work on your lung capacity and endurance.

This means that cardio exercises are your first fixed daily workout from now on and I expect you to last longer with shorter reps with each passing day. Vampire and werewolf are predators in nature, and they enjoy the chase as much as the kill.

The longer a chase goes, the deeper they enter predatory state and follow their most basic instincts. Sure they become stronger and faster as a result but those basic instincts are predictable and can be used to your advantage.

And you, my dear, will be the deadliest prey by the time I'm done with you. But for now, the plan is to get you as fast as possible with endurance, and reflexes, to match."

Greta didn't get where the reflex part was coming from until a tennis ball hit her shoulder, hard.

"Ow!" She cried out, hand going to nurse the wounded area and shoulder, and through teary eyes, Greta saw Mindy walking into her line of sight, a bag full of tennis balls over her shoulder.

"Hello." Mindy greeted, playing with a tennis ball on her free hand and oh, the look Greta gave her said that if she still had her magic she would have lit her up in flames. "Don't get mad at me. I'm just the gun here, Klaus is the shooter."

"Of course, I am, love." Klaus concurred. "Mindy is here to help us with the reflex exercise. I know that you're exhausted but you'd be amazed of what our bodies are capable of when we're desperate."

Greta regretted ever asking for physical training.
TRANSITION
Bennett-Hopkins House

"Well, that didn't go well." Bonnie said, sitting cross-legged with Caroline on her bed after Caroline informed her of what happened with Tyler, grimoires and journals on her nightstand.

"I know. You should have seen him. He was more disappointed than angry at me. I'm a horrible friend."

"Hey, you're not a horrible friend."  Bonnie assured.

"I know I am. If I wasn't, you wouldn't have sought comfort from night calls with Scott."

"Then I'm a horrible friend too for not being there for you through everything Damon put you through. But we're here for each other now." Bonnie said, holding hands with Caroline. "We're becoming better best friends. We will be better friends to Tyler too.

We've already started, haven't we? We saved Tyler after Klaus and his pack attacked him, because of the night calls you mentioned, and now we will save him from his loneliness and return the favor he did for Elena and show him that he matters too. OK?"

"OK." Caroline agreed, nodding her head and feeling a little better, more so because it felt like Bonnie was taking the weight off her shoulders. "But what about Stefan? And Ric? And Scott?"

"I don't know." Bonnie replied, and took a moment to think about what they could do, other than tell Stefan the truth and get him killed by Scott and his pack and compelling Ric to stop grieving. "Maybe it's time we intervene and insist that Ric quit drinking and find a new purpose to live for.

Elena wouldn't have liked to see him suffering but as much as I'm tempted to ask you to compel him to stop drinking, he's hurting just like we are and he deserves to grieve in his own way but that doesn't mean we have to let him drink himself to an early death.

About Scott and Stefan? I don't have a clue."

"You haven't spoken with Scott?"

"Nope." Bonnie responded, and became a bit uncomfortable and withdrew her hands from Caroline.