Chapter 51

Mystic Falls

Legacy. Scott couldn't get what Rebekah said out of his mind neither could he ignore the familiar feeling of his secondary talisman back around his neck on his way to a restaurant to get Lydia her breakfast along with himself and the SPGs.

After Rebekah had her say, she realized that although Esther's talisman had the strongest of sentimental value to her, it was time for her to relinquish it and entrust it to the long thought impossible third generation of the family; Scott. And she did.

The necklace was now officially Scott's but as much as a part of him wanted to wear it with pride and have it hang out of his shirt, he couldn't because of Klaus and Kol's presence in town, so it was hidden by his shirt.

Going back to legacy, Scott...

'Sorry to disturb, King Alpha.' Raven3 interrupted. 'I have discovered some of the leaders in on the proposal and one of them is a bit of a shock.'

'It's alright, Raven3.' Scott replied. 'Who is it?'

'Your former AP biology teacher Mrs Finch. She's an alpha, the Alpha of Primal Pack.' Raven3 responded, shocking Scott.

'You're kidding.'

'I'm not.' Raven3 assured. 'Mrs Finch and her daughter Quinn are both werewolves and part of the Primal Pack. But things are a bit tense between them at the moment. Finch's decision to have the Primal Pack join New Beacon Pack is not popular in the pack.

Members are against it and so is Quinn. It seems Finch has been pushing for the pack to be more civil and embrace their human nature but the pack isn't willing to do that, especially as part of your pack.

Quinn has described you as the very apotheosis of self-control, the opposite of Primal Pack's way of life.'

'I'm anything but the apotheosis of self-control.' Scott said, really surprised Mrs Finch and Quinn's revealed werewolf status. 'Tell me about the pack's way of life.'

'The rumour that Primal Pack has given up everything that connects it to civilization is somewhat mostly true. You remember Ennis, Kali and Kincaid, right? How they always had their claws protracted?'

'Yeah.'

'Well, the Primal Pack is always fully shifted and prefers walking and running on all fours and behave very much like natural wild wolves. The only members of the pack I've seen in human form are Finch and Quinn, but once they reach the woods, they fully shift.'

'Wow. Um, which species have you found that we haven't encountered before?'

'Fairy and Gorgon.' Raven3 replied.

'Gorgon? As in snake hair and the ability to turn people into stone?' Scott asked.

'Yes.'

'Thanks, Raven3. I'll look at your memories later.' Scott responded, and Raven3 acknowledged before signing off as Scott arrived at a restaurant and after joining the queue, made his order when it was his turn and then waited for it at an empty table, his thoughts shifting to Beacon Hills, but not for long.

"Good morning." Meredith greeted.

"Doctor Fell." He responded.

"Mind if I join you?" Meredith asked.

"Um, no," Scott replied, and Meredith joined him.

"I was going to call you later to apologize for the Council's actions against your friends and thank you."

"And try to get me on your side to expand your knowledge on supernatural creatures and our community and help you contain vampires," Scott added, surprising Meredith.