Chapter 38

Presidential Suite

Satomi called Scott a moment after Cora, Malia and Scott settled in the conference room, still at Beacon Hills Animal Clinic and in Alan's company.

"Are you in an ideal location?" Satomi asked.

"We are." Scott replied. "What's going on?"

"A meeting was held a few hours ago to play the recordings of Brett and Lori's hunt for information from your deltas to concerned supernatural leaders" Satomi responded. "And decide whether or not you have become power-hungry and a threat to Beacon Hills' supernatural community.

But it turned into something more. It has come to the attention of all the leaders at the meeting that you have a lot in common with Deucalion, that you have a demon wolf alpha form."

"You do?" Cora asked, shocked at the revelation.

"Who said I have a demon wolf alpha form?" Scott inquired instead of answering, neither confirming nor denying the having said form.

"Someone who got their hands on the assassin that tried to kill Lori." Satomi answered without revealing a gender or name. "I confirmed that you do have a demon wolf alpha form because I saw it through Lori's eyes a while ago."

"Why did you do that?" Malia questioned while Scott went silent.

"Three things cannot long be hidden; the Sun, the Moon and the truth." Satomi said calmly. "The truth was bound to be revealed and if I had lied, doubt would have still been present and Scott's true alpha status would have been questioned.

By confirming the truth, I was able to control the narrative and remind everyone that Scott also has a wolf form and no other alphas has been reported or even rumored to have more than one alpha form.

Speaking of the truth; your demon wolf alpha form wasn't the only truth that was revealed. Your chimera status has been discovered and we now know about it."

Cora, Malia and Scott exchanged looks in silence while a surprised Alan met Satomi's eyes, looking for a clue as to where she was going with her revelations.

"You didn't think compelling people on school grounds would go unnoticed, did you?" Satomi asked, and Scott mutely face palmed. "Fortunately, this reckless act of yours managed to convince everyone that you have good intentions."

"But?" Alan inquired.

"It also told everyone that although you might not be power-hungry, you have terrifying power on your side and since you've embraced who you are, you are not afraid to use it." Satomi answered. "The Beast and Lucien Castle's deaths at your hands and New Orleans' Vampire Faction's sudden loss of power due to New Beacon Pack support the conclusion.

More often than not, when one rises to terrifying power, many feel uncomfortable and intimidated, and one of two things happen; they either unite and fight against the powerful entity or they surrender and become a part of the powerful entity.

There's always the option to leave things as they are but sooner or later, one of the two options I mentioned are chosen.

King Alpha Scott McCall, you've protected Beacon Hills for years now, without asking for anything in return, and you've proven yourself to be a capable leader and protector with your pack, McCall Pack.

It's because of this, and other reasons including your earned true alpha status, various leaders of your hometown's supernatural community, on behalf of their individual covens, families, packs and other groups, have decided to surrender their autonomy to you in exchange for inclusion into New Beacon Pack with the same privileges as the eight packs that surrendered to you.