\𝓉𝓌ℯ𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝓈ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓃\

~

~

Dear Eleanora,

I realized after I left school that I completely forgot to ask how the Yule Ball went! I was so excited for you when I heard it was happening. I know how much you love a chance to get dressed up and dance. When I got home and told Mum I'd seen you all, she pulled out all the pictures you and the twins sent her from the night. You looked really beautiful. Well- you look really beautiful all the time, but particularly at the Ball. Because of the dress and the hair- you know what I'm saying. Anyways, I figured you went with Cedric, but you and Fred looked really good together. He told me the two of you aren't dating, but my Mum insists that you are. Which is it? She's always talking about having you as a daughter-in-law, so if you and Fred are dating, I recommend not telling her. She'd have the wedding scheduled in days. I love her, but she's absolutely mad when it comes to our relationships. Did I tell you about the date she and Charlie set me up on? I'm still getting over that one.

Speaking of Charlie, he says to tell you you looked "smokin' hot" at the ball, and that if you and Fred get married, he's not going to the wedding. If you can unpack that one, let me know. I never have a clue what he's talking about. He went back to Romania the other day and my mum threw a fit. Tried to convince him to stay another month. We kept telling her I'd still be here, but she kept saying it wasn't enough. Anyone who says the oldest child is the favorite is out of their bloody mind. I figure you know that more than anybody. How have things been with your parents? In your last letter, you said something about your mum cleaning her act up and kicking Stephen out? And I know Daisy's staying with Cillian. How's she doing with that? More importantly, how are you doing with all of that?

I want to apologize again for not writing to you sooner, but I also want you to know that I'm here now. I missed your letters so much and I can't wait to hear from you. Even more than that, I can't wait to have you around the house again. I miss talking to you. Anyways, write back soon.
-Bill

"Congratulations, Fred," Eleanora said bitterly. "Molly's ready to plan our wedding and Bill definitely thinks we're dating."

"What?" Fred's head popped up from the letter he and George were writing to Bagman. "I literally told him we're not."

"Yeah, I dunno what you told him when you had your little 'private conversation,' but he just went on for almost an entire paragraph about us." Eleanora started to crumple the letter in her hand, but then thought better of it. Bill had called her beautiful. She fought the smile off of her face and straightened the paper out on the table.

"I told him- well, it doesn't matter-" Fred shook his head. "He knows you and I aren't together, he's just being stupid. I think the fact that you're still in love with him is solid proof that we can't choose who we like."

"I think we all figured that out a long time ago when you started hanging around us," George said, winking at Eleanora. "Anyways, can you read over this?" He handed her the finished letter. "I think it's too direct, but Fred likes it."