Bad Habits

The day was dark and gloomy, rain clouds filled the sky as the cold breeze entered Dream's room from a window.
Today, Dream had a bad day. His brother allowed his friends, Blue and Ink, to hang out with his gang, whilst Dream wasn't.

It's just one of those days where life really kicks you in the face, making you more miserable than you are now. For Dream, this wasn't rare to him, he mostly had more days like these. Always ignored and treated like an object to other people.
Almost everyone fails to see Dream's real face, even Nightmare can't see behind his fake smiles.

Dream sighed as he laid back down on his bed with headphones on his head. He was listening to a song called "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead" by Set It Off (song above). He put it on loop because it was the only soundtrack he wanted to hear right now.

As soon as the song played, he grabbed a box from under his bed and pulled out a knife. He positioned it at his wrist and was ready to cut himself. Golden tears were already falling down beforehand.

Soon the chorus of the song was playing, he planted cuts on his wrists. One after another, he kept doing it over and over again. Blaming himself for everything that happened in the past.
His fresh golden blood seeped out of his wrists.

He wasn't thinking straight anymore, and before he knew it. The song ended and he passed out from blood lost. All he can remember seeing was someone knocking down his door before everything went black.

It was cold, dark, and silent. Dream couldn't move his body, but everything hurts. Tears flowed out of his eye sockets, but then he felt a thumb wipe them off.
Soon, he felt a warm hug engulf him protectively. He also felt the hugger was wearing a soft furry outfit, which immediately reminded him of his boyfriend, Cross.

He heard a faint voice coming from above him. It was calling out his name, and that's when he woke up.
He was tucked in bed while cuddling up to non other than his boyfriend, Cross. He looked at his arm and saw the cuts were bandaged already. He looked up to see that Cross was sleeping and he had visible tear marks on his face.

Dream felt guilty for making him worry, it almost made him want to cry again. Tears threatened to fall, but someone wiped them out. Dream saw Cross was awake and he immediately tackled him into a big bear hug.

They stayed like that for a few minutes before pulling away. Cross placed his hand on Dream's face, gently caressing him like a priceless artifact. Dream looked away in shame from what he did, but Cross made him look at him.
"I-I'm so-sorry-" "Shh~" Cross shushed Dream and kissed his forehead.

"It's not your fault, Dream. You shouldn't blame youself for what happened." Cross rubbed circles around his back and Dream cried on Cross's shoulder.
They stayed silent for a few minutes.

"Hey, wanna get some ice cream? I saw a box of Cookies and Cream left unopened in the freezer." Cross smiled at him. Dream stopped crying and smiled back, nodding. So Cross picked up Dream and teleported themselves on the couch, he gently placed him down to get some ice cream.

Cross came back from the kitchen with a big bowl of cookies and cream ice cream. The bowl had two dessert spoons sticking out of the ice cream.
Cross placed it in front of them and they both ate the ice cream together as they watched some television.