Waiting For the Other

Cross was sitting down next to the half-dead tree of Feelings in Dreamtale. To his left, there was a bouquet of golden flowers and a small red box-shaped present with a yellow ribbon on top of it. He was waiting for Dream to arrive because they planned to meet up today for their 1-year anniversary together.

He waited for an hour and still no sign of Dream. He wonders if he got lost on the way, but Cross knows Dream too well, he would never get lost on the way to his old AU.
'Maybe he's still preparing?' He thought to himself and laid back at the stump behind him. He breath the soft air and relaxed his body, accidentally falling asleep.

One hour later...

Dream came into his AU and saw something white on the half-dead tree on the hill. He knew who it was so he happily went towards him.
Cross was sleeping soundly which made Dream giggle. He poked his face and tried waking him up. "Cross~" Dream kept poking his face while giggling. Cross was whining because someone was trying to wake him up. "Uhh... Let me sleeeeeep..." He shifted to his side, facing away from Dream.

Dream pouted so he jumped on Cross, jolting him awake. They both sat up and Cross faced Dream, who was trying to hold his laughter. Cross's face blushed in purple hue, so he decided to take revenge for making him wait and waking him up.
He stood up and went over to Dream, tackling him and pinning him to the ground. Dream gulped while Cross smiled maliciously.

Cross began tickling him and Dream laughed so hard, he could barely breath. Tears of pure laughter streamed down Dream's face as Cross continues to torture him with his tickles. Cross could feel Dream's positive aura burst out from him with every laugh, but that wasn't why he was smiling, he was smiling because Dream was happy.

After several minutes, Cross stopped and Dream was gasping so hard from all that extreme laughter. He sat up and wiped those tears away with his gloved hands. He crossed his arms and pouted at Cross.
Cross just winked then gave him a kiss on the left cheek. "Happy anniversary, Dreamy~" He took the bouquet and box then give them to Dream.

Dream blushed as he pulled out a heart-shaped box that he almost squished when he was being tickled. He gave it Cross and they both opened the boxes.
Dream got a golden heart locket similar to Cross's while Cross got a box filled with his favorite homemade brownies topped with white frostings shaped like an 'X'. Cross smiled and looked at Dream who was trying out his new locket.

Cross went over to him and opened the locket, showing the picture that Haven!Gaster took when Haventale was still standing. Dream felt golden tears leak out his eyes, so he hugged Cross and told him it was the most beautiful gift he ever received from him. Cross said it was no problem at all.
Cross then picked up the heart-shaped box filled with brownies and they sat down near the stump then fed each other a piece of brownie.
They spent the rest of the day hanging out and having fun with each other until it was sunset.

They were sitting on the stump together as they enjoyed the beautiful sunset on the horizon. Even though Dreamtale looks dead, the sunset never fails to amaze them.
They shared a kiss as the sun sank down, marking the end of another day.