When They See a Child Getting Lost

Cross and Dream were travelling around the AUs and helping people. Today, they had to leave their daughter, Lux with Blue for the day so they can do their job for now.

As they were taking a little break in AU called Outertale. They were going to that peak where they could see the stars peacefully.
But instead, there was already someone there. They appear to be crying and Dream sensed his negative emotions.

So they both went there and checked on them. It was a skeleton child, a bit older than Lux. They were wearing a light brown scarf with smudges of paint and had a blue jacket. Their head looked like ink that was floating away on the edge.
They kept crying and showed no sign of stopping.

"Hello there. Are you alright?" Dream asked politely. The kid looked at them with pink tears, his eyes were mismatched and colorful, there were simultaneous smudges of pink and yellow paint on both sides of his lower face.

Dream felt pity and gave the kid a hug. The kid accepted the hug and continued crying. Dream shushed him and Cross was there to join in the hug as well, which almost suffocated them if they had lungs.

They pulled away from the hug, breathless and gasping for air. Cross rubbed the back of his head embarrassedly because of that.

"Wh- who are you?" The kid asked. "I'm Dream, and this is my fiancé Cross. What about you?" Dream asked.
"I-I'm PaperJam, b-but people call me PJ."

"What are you doing here all alone PJ? Where are your parents?" Dream asked once again. PJ seems to start crying when he heard the word 'parents'.
"M-my p-parents don't c-care about m-me..."

Dream cuddled him again to comfort him. "What makes you say that?"

"M-my dad thinks I-I'm worthless, a-and m-my mom a-always forget I-I exists. I-I don't w-want to g-go back there..." PJ said as he cried more. Dream shushed him and cradled him in his arms.

"Hey, how about you come with us instead? I'm sure we'll do better with raising you. Right Crossy?" Dream asked, Cross gave a thumbs up and an assuring wink. PJ's eyes lighten up and he wiped his tears away. "R-really?! T-thank you!" He hugged him, Dream smiled and Cross opened a portal to their front door.

The sound of a child's laughter was behind it. Dream opened the door to find Blue and Lux playing. When Cross called Lux, she immediately went straight to his arms. "Daddy! Mommy! You're home!" "And we brought a present for you." Cross said.
Lux's eyes turned into stars. Both Dream and Cross made way to show her PJ. "H-Hi..." PJ said shyly.

Lux gasped excitedly. "A new friend! Nice to meet you, I'm Lux! Wanna play?" She said with pure excitement in her voice. "S-sure! I-I'm PaperJam, but call me PJ."
Lux then dragged PJ with her to play.

They had a great time with each other and both Cross and Dream were happy to see their daughter really happy.