Having Nightmares

Cross was standing in a pitch black room when he heard the sound of whimpers that belonged to Dream.
His eyes widened as he ran to find where the sound was coming from.

"CROSS!" Dream's voice echoed through the empty void, but Cross still couldn't find him. He kept running and hopefully he could find wherever Dream was now.

Dream kept calling, his voice bounced everywhere and all Cross could do was run, until his voice became weaker and lower by the second. Tears threatened to flow out of his eye sockets. Where could he be?

Then all of Dream's voices died out and a wooden door rose from the darkness in front of him. He could the sound of someone being stabbed from behind it. Soon, the stabbing stopped and golden liquid was coming out from below the door. It reminded him of Dream.

He shakily opened the door and was terrified of what he saw. Dream was laying lifelessly on the floor, golden blood pouring out of his wounds as he began to dust. But what shocked him more was the person who killed him, it was non other than...

𝐇𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟

Cross stared at his eyes, they were filled with bloodlust. His grin was wide like those of a psychopath.
"Why?" Cross asked.

The other him chuckled darkly.

W̵̶̸̻̼͉̱̄͗ͭ͟͢͢͠e̵̡̫̫͍͕̎ͭ̐͟͟͝͞ w҉̢̡̹̮͌̄ͦ͜͟͟͞͠͞e̵̡̫̫͍͕̎ͭ̐͟͟͝͞i҉̧̯̤̙͔̑ͧ̅̔ͦ́͜͟͢͝͠e̵̡̫̫͍͕̎ͭ̐͟͟͝͞  a҉͖̟̜̞̂̃̑̽͢͢͠͡l̶҉̰͚͖͕̍̈́̅͗̏̇͢͜͜͝w҉̢̡̹̮͌̄ͦ͜͟͟͞͠͞a҉͖̟̜̞̂̃̑̽͢͢͠͡ȳ̸̵̩̜͔͍̔́͟͟͢͡s҉̝̭̦͚̑ͯ̌͡ m̴̵҉̸̲̗̰̼͗͌̃̇͟͟͟͠͞͠e̵̡̫̫͍͕̎ͭ̐͟͟͝͞a҉͖̟̜̞̂̃̑̽͢͢͠͡n̸͐̈́͟͟͝t҉̷҉̢͖͔̹͛̌͊͘͜͢͠͡͡ t҉̷҉̢͖͔̹͛̌͊͘͜͢͠͡͡o҉̢̡̲͇̌͗̀͢͝ d҉̴̷̧̢̛̖͔̤ͯ̔̑̄͢͟͡͠o҉̢̡̲͇̌͗̀͢͝ t҉̷҉̢͖͔̹͛̌͊͘͜͢͠͡͡h̷̶̘̘̬ͭ̏͞͡i҉̧̯̤̙͔̑ͧ̅̔ͦ́͜͟͢͝͠s҉̝̭̦͚̑ͯ̌͡

Cross woke up in cold sweat. Breathing heavily from the nightmare that had occured earlier.
He felt a hand on his shoulder and saw Dream with a worried face.

Cross hugged him immediately, Dream patted his back and rubbed circles on him.

"Nightmares, huh?" He kissed his forehead and comforted him for the rest of the night.