Being Close in a Rainy Day

It was a lovely day and Dream was taking a stroll in an open field of tall grass near the forest. He was taking a break from the villagers in the AU and got away as far as possible.

He took a deep breath, but he suddenly squeaked when he heard rustling in the tall grass. Dream just assumed that it was a snake and walked faster cause, who wouldn't? Snakes will bite him if he accidentally angers it by either being on their territory or stepping on it.

So he walked further away into the forest. He suddenly felt a drip on his shoulder. At first he didn't mind it too much, then another drip came next to his arm. Dream knew exactly what this meant so he began running to find shelter.

He was about to hind under a giant sequoia tree when he suddenly bumped into someone, causing him to fall down, hitting his bottom hard on the ground. He winced lightly at the pain and looked up to see, Cross?!

"What are you d-doing here?" Dream asked trying not to sound scared, but miserably failed due to stuttering. "Getting out of the rain, and why are you scared?" Cross raised his non-existent brow at him as he awaits for an answer from the small golden skeleton.

"A-aren't you going to attack me? D-don't you work for Nightmare??" He asked while stuttering. "Oh... No I left the gang after Nightmare kicked me out." Cross said as a bit more rain dropped down in the forest. "Why were you kicked out?" He asked curiously. "I personally hated it there so much so I pretended to be weak, just so I can get out of there. They left me alone on our last battle and kicked me out of the team. I don't regret anything after that." Cross smiled proudly at himself for getting out of that wretched gang. He had to admit that people weren't really friendly there and mostly annoying as hell. He's glad to make a right choice in leaving.

He looked up the sky to feel rainwater drop on his clothes and face. Feeling the refreshing water slide down his body amd dripped down on the grassy grounds. He looked back down at the smaller skeleton and held out a hand to help him up. Dream hesitated at first, but took Cross's hand because he felt like he can now trust him. After all, Dream can tell whether someone is lying or not, and Cross wasn't lying on what he said before.

Cross then looked around to see that hollow sequoia tree that was split just wide enough for two people to shelter underneath it.
He pulled Dream went under the tree with him to hide from the rain that was slowly getting stronger.

Dream shivered at the cold breeze. He was cold and wet, so he curled his knees up to his chest and hugged himself for warmth.
Cross noticed how Dream was feeling, so he took off his fluffy jacket and gave it to Dream.
Dream looked up at the taller and slowly began snuggling with the fluffy jacket. He felt as if he was in a fluffy warm hug, he took a small sniff at the jacket and it smelled like chocolate and Cross.

Dream lightly blushed when he heard someone's deep chuckle. He looked at Cross who was giving a smile showing his teeth that had fangs (yes this is actually canon).
"Looks like someone's enjoying themselves~" He teased, which made Dream blush. "S-shut up!" He scolded and continued cuddling with the jacket.

A few minutes later, Dream squeaked when he felt someone hug him from behind. He looked around to see Cross cuddling him. Dream was now blushing like crazy while Cross kept grinning at how Dream was reacting.

They stayed like that until the rain stopped. They got out of the tree and Dream gave Cross his jacket back.
Dream was about to leave, but Cross stopped him by saying he had something important to say. "Hey Dream, since- uhh... I d-don't have a place to stay, w-would you mind if I can stay with you?" Cross asked since he knew that Dream was nice and might possibly find him a place to stay.

"Sure! Come on." Dream grabbed a hold of his hand as he opened a portal back to his home. They both went inside and stayed with each other that night.