Chapter 04: Let The Tournament...Begin!

*Zero's POV*

After what seemed like an endless journey, especially when Alice kept wondering off, we finally ended up in some place Donkey believes Farquaad is. I spoke to Shrek a couple of times during the trip, he seems like a pretty cool guy actually...once you get past the whole 'I don't like anybody' thing he's got going on.

We were listening to Donkey pointing out what's what in this car park we arrived at, or more like carriage park, where people obviously have parked their carriages. Of course no one would be driving an actual at that runs in an engine, we're in medieval times now, for goodness sake. "But that's it, that's it right there. That's DuLoc. I told ya I'd find it."

Alice literally had hearts in her eyes. "Aw, they're so adorable~"

I rolled my eyes. "You think anything with four legs is 'adorable'. Besides, he was talking about the kingdom, not the horses."

Alice pointed a finger at me. "And you seem to think that any pretty girl that walks past you instantly falls head over heels in love with you."

Well, can you blame a guy?

"So, that must be Lord Farquaad's castle." Shrek said, making us look in the direction his attention was focused on, which I have to be honest, was one of the biggest buildings I have ever seen.

Donkey nodded. "Uh-huh, that's the place."

Shrek leaned over to Donkey a little and started laughing. "Do you think maybe he's compensating for something?"

I laughed along with him. "Wouldn't surprise me."

Shrek suddenly stopped laughing and walked forward with Alice and I behind him, leaving Donkey behind to look at the building. "Hey, wait. Wait up, Shrek, Alice, Zero."

When Donkey caught up with us, we stopped at a distance, watching a couple run in. "Hurry, darling. We're late, hurry."

"Hey, you!" Shrek shouted to some guy dressed up in a Farquaad costume, who screamed at Shrek as soon as he got a good look at him and started running away.

Shrek tried to get his attention while we took a few steps forward, then stopped again. "Wait a second. Look, I'm not gonna eat ya."

"Hey, aren't you a little too old to be going trick 'or' treating?" I asked, hearing my voice echoing across the area.

"Maybe he likes cosplay or something?" Alice asked a little unsure.

"I just-" The dude was whimpering in fear, ignoring Shrek. "I just-" Shrek still tried to grab his attention, but he wasn't listening. Maybe if he gave Shrek a chance and actually listened, he wouldn't be struggling with that huge-ass Farquaad head thing he was wearing as part of the costume.

"It's no use Shrek." Alice said.

Shrek sighed and walked right through the blue ropes that were there to help with putting the queues of people in place, bringing the ropes with him as he advanced forward.

The dude didn't look where he was going and ran straight into the wall, landing on his back as a result.

Alice poked the big Farquaad head once we made it to the security bars. "He's unconscious."

"He'll be fine, let's get going." I said.

Shrek walked straight through the metal bars with no problem at all, followed by Alice. I easily jumped over it and landed perfectly on my feet.