Prologue!

Prologue

*Narrators POV*

~16 years ago~

Once upon a time in a kingdom far away, lived a King and Queen who were celebrating the birth of their only child, their daughter, Anastasia, born in the middle of the Fall season - October 22nd.

The kingdom of Swan Lake were overjoyed to hear the announcement of a new Princess, after her mother, Princess Odette, was made Queen.

Anastasia was passed around from relative to relative, starting from her grandmother Uberta, former Queen of Swan Lake, and to many others around the hall, until Queen Odette passed her over to her elder half-brother, King Cornelius.

He stood with his wife, Queen Thumbelina, both adorned in their royal attire which consists of their own crowns, and outfits which were a mixture of colours; from red, orange, brown, yellow, and forest green.
They reside in The Veil of the Fairies, another neighbouring kingdom of Far, Far, Away. The kingdom of Swan Lake lives on the border between both kingdoms, surrounded by beautiful lakes that glisten in the sun and moon light.

All three kingdoms, as well as the kingdom of Camelot, were good friends. With the four kingdoms combined, they are the most powerful, and perhaps fearful kingdoms, when it comes to battle and war against their enemies.

For those of you who know the story of Thumbelina and Cornelius, you may be thinking:

'How is King Cornelius able to hold her when they're so small themselves?'

The answer to your question, is that Merlin, the great and powerful magician himself, had cast a spell over The Veil of the Fairies, so that whenever they wanted to, they could grow as tall as a human.

If they wanted to revert back to their regular pixie size again, all they had to do was picture themselves small again. Of course, every single faerie from that kingdom would also keep their wings whatever size they become. They can also choose who they allow to see their wings, as well.

Now back to King Cornelius and Queen Thumbelina, Queen Thumbelina also held a baby of their own. Their daughter, Felicity. She was born just three months into the new year on March 31st, just as Winter turned to Spring.

King Cornelius smiled down at his little niece he held wrapped up in a warm pink blanket in his arms. "She has the looks of her father, but hopefully when she grows up, she'll have the brains of her mother-"

"Hey!"

King Cornelius laughed. "Just kidding dear brother-in-law, I'm sure she will grow up to be as strong and brave as you someday."

"But as kind and gentle, yet loving and graceful, as her mother." Queen Thumbelina added with a gentle smile, looking from her husband, to Anastasia, then to the Queen Odette herself, who returned the smile gratefully.

The loud sound of a horn had interrupted all conversations in the grand hall, making people look towards the big doors instead, interested to see which guest had arrived.

"Announcing the arrival of his majesty the King, the Queen, and the Princess of the kingdom of Far, Far, Away; King Harold, Queen Lillian, and Princess Fiona, and his royal highness, Prince Arthur Pendragon of Camelot."