Chapter 08: Journey Back To Zero's 'Favourite' Town!

*Zero's POV*

"Okay, so here's another question." Donkey started talking again, not that I minded because at least Fiona finally calmed down and stopped screaming and yelling for Shrek to put her down.

Seriously, are Princesses always like this?

I never thought I would say this, but I'm actually glad that Donkey had been talking non-stop since we walked down that rocky mountain earlier, Fiona's whining was starting to get a little irritating. "Say there's a woman that digs you, right, but you don't really like her that way. How do ya do that?"

I chuckled. "Easy: ignore her until she gets bored of you."

"It's no wonder you don't listen to us half the time." Alice chimes in.

I smirked at Donkey and pointed at Alice. "See, Donkey? Alice gets it."

I'm pretty sure she rolled her eyes, but I couldn't see because I was walking behind her with Willow. "Yeah, sure."

Donkey quickly glanced at me and grinned. "Thanks, Zero." Donkey turned back to face Fiona again, not that she was really paying that much attention though. I tried not to laugh because he didn't notice Alice's sarcasm, so I snickered instead, making her turn to glare at me quickly before facing the front again. "How do you let her down real easy so her feelings aren't hurt, but you don't get burned to a crisp and eaten?"

I smirked. "Ah, that's another easy question to answer: Ya don't even bother trying, okay? Take my advise and save yourself the trouble while you still can. Girls can be scary sometimes."

"Can't imagine why." Willow said sarcastically.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Don't you remember the time when you tried to ask out Ben from the basketball club on Valentines Day, only for him to turn you down because he was already dating Stacey, the second most popular girl in school?"

She cringed. "Don't remind me. You remember a couple of days before that you and I played a game of 'truth or dare' with Alice, and of course, Alice didn't give me a choice but to choose 'dare' because if I didn't, then I would have had to do her math and chemistry homework for an entire week. Not only that, but that gave Stacey something new to pick on me with. You both know those are my worst subjects ever."

"And every time she would try, both Zero and I always had your back." Alice defended. "Besides, you can't blame me, I was simply encouraging you to get yourself a date for Valentines Day so you wouldn't be cooped up in your bedroom with your comic books all day on your own."

"You didn't even have a date yourself!" And here we go with the arguing already...even being in a completely different world doesn't stop these two from arguing like siblings.

"Correction: I had a date with Peter Penvensie."

"You were watching the first two Narnia movies with him in it on that specific day, that doesn't count for anything. Besides, he's a fictional character anyway, meaning he's not real at all."

"Then how do you explain-"

I held my hands up to stop them. "Okay, okay! Look, point is it upset you to the point where you stormed straight into the archery room, knowing full well that nobody would be there at the time, used the archery clubs equipment and shot all the arrows they had on every single one of those targets. Funny thing is, after you left, the archery club members had the shock of their lives when they saw that you managed to hit the yellow circle in the middle of the target with every single arrow they had."