Chap 15

Caroline's POV

After our cute moments with the child we went downstairs to have some casual dinner with the other Mikealson siblings and it was ok.

We ate Elijah's delicious gourmet cooking and Rebekah and me talked about how she wanted to design a luxury nursery for the baby. Kol laughed and teased Klaus.

Every time Klaus would growl I would squeeze his hand and smile. His gaze always softened at that.

Between everything that has happened in the past week it was the little "family" moments like this that reminded me that my crazy life was going pretty good surprisingly. For now.

—————time skip a month————-

Today marks me being technically 4 months along with the pregnancy because of the strange growing cycle, but that means that I'm going to be going straight from looking 3 months pregnant to 5 months which is a big change.

Yeah, trust me I know it's very confusing.

I woke up at about 11 o clock and I had decided to sleep in. When I stood to get up out of bed and was greeted by my much bigger belly which I stared at in awe before hurrying to get dressed for my date with Nik.

Good thing Rebekah had bought me some maternity dresses. Phew. I need to do some more shopping though.

I slip into a comfy teal dress that fits my belly right. Rebekah gave me it and I love it.

It's a little dressy but still casual. I'm going to be having a picnic date with Klaus at one of his favorite outdoor spots.

It's a nice summer day with sunshine and a cool breeze and I'm feeling good.

As I walk downstairs I'm greeted by Rebekah

As I walk downstairs I'm greeted by Rebekah. Talking with her these past weeks has got me though a lot and we are now 'sisters' according to her. Of course now all of Klaus' siblings call me sister other than Kol who already had before which makes me blush every time I hear it.

"Sister!!" She squeals and hugs me making sure to be gentle. I hug her back and we both laugh. "Oh my gosh I love your dress!!" She squealed "Yes it came in handy this morning especially with the little one's fast growing." I giggled

"Oh shush you look glowing even in pregnancy, and I can't wait for the baby's arrival." She smiles "So do you want to go shopping for some more maternity clothing later? I know the cutest baby boutique and we can even get started on furnishing the nursery." Rebekah asks with contained excitement and I sigh

"I wish I could but I'm going on a picnic date with Nik." I smile and blush

She look a little disappointed but her face quickly turned back into a grin "Then can we go sometime this week?"