Chapter 27:The final battle

Thalia pov

The hunters and I ran out the doors and into the streets of Olympus. Everywhere I looked there were Minor gods and goddesses and demigods all ready for battle. I surveyed the crowd and realized some of the kids are 6 or 7. Kids this young shouldn't have to fight. It isn't fair. But then again nothing in our lives is fair.

I looked ahead as Olympus trembled again. I could see monsters pounding on the barrier in the elevator but other than that we couldn't see any other monsters. I ran to the edge of Olympus and looked down. A drakon was climbing the empire state building. That was the only monster I could see though.

I ran through the crowd searching for Percy. I finally found him talking to his father. I ran up. "Percy somethings wrong. Where are all the monsters." I said. "I know we're working on it. Right now I need you to get all the archers closer to the back of the army. And Thals-''I turned and ran off, not letting him finish his sentence.

I knew what he was going to say but I couldn't promise him anything. I found the hunters. "Listen up ladies. We are going to be closer to the back of the army. I need you to shoot down as many monsters as possible. I commanded. They all nodded their heads and started to run off. "Phoebe,"I called. She turned around, "I need you to help me find as many archers as possible and get them to the back of the army." She nodded and ran the opposite way. I ran around trying to find as many archers as I could.

15 minutes later I made it back to the rest of the hunters. Artemis was with them. "My lady what-" I was cut off by the horn, signaling an attack. All of a sudden I couldn't see. It was pitch black. It was darker than night. I knew it wasn't just me because I heard people crying out in alarm. When I could see again I saw thousands upon thousands of monsters. "Uh oh" I said. "Yeah" Phoebe agreed.

"Archers hold!" I shouted. All the archers brought their bows up and aimed. All of a sudden the monster army surged forward.

"HOLD" PErcy and I both yelled. Percy let the army go a minute later but i yelled,

"HOLD" The armies were getting closer to each other.

"Fire!" I yelled right before they crashed together. All the arrows were released and the final battle started.

Emma pov

Percy disappeared after our army met the monsters. I wasn't sure where he went but I have bigger problems at the moment. I started to slash my way towards where Nico was fighting in the middle. Not many people had gotten to him. He was in the last ring of defense around Gaei, Tartarus, Nyx, and Kronos. I was getting closer when I felt a pain in my arm. I turned around and saw a laistrygonian with a bow.

I looked down and saw the arrow he had shot had grazed my arm. I ran towards the laistrygonian and slashed at his ankle. He roared as blood came pouring out. Just then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around, sword raised, and found Percy. He had a couple cuts and was covered in golden dust.

"You go get Nico, I got him." I nodded and turned towards where I last saw Nico. I ran but I couldn't see him anywhere. Then I felt a sword graze my arm again. I turned and found Nico, sword raised and about to attack. "Nico," I said. He didn't answer and lunged towards me. I raised my sword and blocked his attack. "Nico you there?" He growled and backed up. "Nico, come on, we need you. This isn't you"

"This is me now." He said as he swiped at my stomach. I dodged. "No it isn't. Nico is fun, loyal, and would never betray us." He continued to attack as I talked.

"Nico, I know you're in there. Fight it please." I begged. He continued to attack. "Remember the first time Percy made breakfast?" I asked. "Remember how he flung a pancake at you by accident and it started a pancake war?" I continued to block his attacks, while talking about memories. Finally after the fifth memory he paused. His eyes flickered. "Come on Nico I know you're in there. Fight it please." I begged again.