Chapter 14

3rd person pov

Trident had said that he knew where to find Damasen and that Bob would probably be there too so they followed him through Tartarus. Monsters attacked as they walked, trying to kill the famous, killing quadruplet.

At one point they were walking along the river lethe when the giants Polybotes and Mimas attacked. They fought for a while, slashing, stabbing, and dodging. Bolt and Trident were back to back, cornered when Bolt said "Can't you just control the river?" He smacked his head. "You're such an idiot." She said,

With that, Trident created a huge wave out of the river and washed the giants in it. When he put the water back into the river bed they looked at the quadruplet in confusion. "Where are we? Who are you?" Polybotes asked. "I'm Shadow. This is Trident, Reaper, and Bolt." Shadow said. "Do you remember your names?" Reaper asked. They both shook their heads. "Your name is Joe." Trident said, pointing at Mimas. "And your name is... Percy." He said pointing at Polybotes.

The rest of the quadruplet was surprised when he gave Polybotes his old name. After they left the giant and kept walking, Shadow asked, "Why Percy?"

He was silent for a minute. "Well... because..Percy was a fun kid who didn't know about his godly parentage and monsters and didnt have a care in the world. I'm Trident now. I do miss Percy but the real full Percy will never be back. Tartarus has changed me. It's changed all of us, and I don't think any of us will completely be the old us again.

I just......needed a reminder of when I was oblivious and innocent."

Reapers pov

"I get it." I said. They looked at me. "What? I mean, Trident was one of the first people to care enough to get to know me. The kid he got to know at first was happy and carefree. His only worry was to make sure his sister always stayed with him." I paused and looked at Trident.

"Then his sister was sent on a quest. She.....died on that quest. The day Percy came back and told him his sister died saving everyone else was the day that childish, carefree little boy died. Then Nico became dark, gloomy, and trusted no one." By now we had stopped walking and the girls were watching us.

"He was mad at everyone, especially Percy. he regrets it now but he ran away. It was a while before the campers found him and took him in. He stayed at the camp for a while but decided he liked roaming the world better. That way he could pretend his sister was waiting at home for him."

"Now he's changed again. He is stronger, he has three best friends that he would die to protect, and a life he would never trade out. No matter how hard it gets, but he still misses his sister so much and would love to see her one last time." I finished and sank to the red, hard, ground, slowly crying with my head in my hands.

I felt someone come over and put an arm around me and pull me into them but I didn't know who it was till I heard her soothing voice in my head. "Shh it's okay Neeks." Shadow said. After about 10 Tartar years the group had developed a special bond that allowed them to talk through their heads.

Shadow knew I liked this nickname but she didn't know why. Slowly my tears slowed and I could think straight again. "Do you want to know why I like that nickname?" I asked. I felt her nod. Still not looking up, I MM (Mind message). "That was my sister's nickname for me." I started sobbing again. She didn't say anything and just continued to hug me.

After about 5 minutes I looked up and saw Trident being comforted by Bolt. I reluctantly crawled out of Shadow's arms and walked over to Trident and Bolt. I put my hand on his shoulder and he looked up. "It wasn't your fault." I said. "But if i had gone into-" He started "No" I said firmly. "If you had gone into the giant metal robot thingy then you would have died. Which means Olympus would have fallen a long time ago and we would all be dead." he nodded and calmed himself down.