Chapter 13

Annabeth pov

It has been 10 years since they were sent to Tartarus, 10 years since the oceans turned gray, ten years since I've been truly happy, 10 years since the last time camp was fun.

Today was the day Percy, Nico, and Emma got sent to Tartarus. Every year on this day Hades would come and tell us that they were alive then when night came we would have a big bonfire and tell their stories to all the newbies. I was sitting at the beach thinking about two years after they were sent to Tartarus. There had been another war. We won but with many casualties. After we won, the gods granted the campers who had a bigger role in the war partial immortality so we now can only die in battle.

I was thinking about the demigods who died when the attack horn sounded. I ran to Thalia's tree and pulled out my dagger. I was the first one there so I was the first one to see Nyx, Tartarus, and Kronos followed by millions of monsters. Seeing this made me sad because it reminds me of 10 years ago when Emma passed out right before a battle with the titan god and two primordials. Everyone else from camp had caught up by now and I could tell they were all thinking the same thing as I had been. "Where is your savior now?" Tartarus taunted.

That made all of us in camp mad and we charged. "For The three!" I yelled. The three was how we referred to Percy, Nico, and Emma. After I yelled we charged. I fought my way over to Tartarus. "Tartarus, where is he!?" I yelled. He turned around and laughed when he saw me. "Oh you know just having fun in the cave they live in." He said.

I growled and charged. I slashed, stabbed, hacked, and pierced with Tartarus blocking dodging and rolling. Eventually he got the upper hand and started attacking. It took all my energy to defend myself. He finally stopped and stood up. I took the break to look around. Jason was fighting Nyx, Leo was fighting Gaei, and Frank was fighting Kronos. All the monsters had either fled or were killed and all the campers were watching us fight. As I watched, Gaei retreated into the earth. Then Kronos and Nyx retreated into the shadows.

"You're all alone." I said. Tartarus, who had been looking at me, looked around and saw that he was the only one left. He slowly backed up. "We will be back." He said. "That was only a small portion of our army."

He left and we gathered all the cabin counselors around the ping pong table. "If that was only a small portion of their army what's going to happen when the rest of the army shows up?" Piper said.

Everybody started talking at once until I had had enough, "ENOUGH!" I yelled, slamming my hand down on the table. "It has been ten years today. We don't need to think or talk about this for the rest of the night. Understand?" I said firmly. Everyone nodded their heads. "Good. Now go about like it's a normal-" I was interrupted by the dinner horn. "Day." I finished.

All of us walked to the pavilion in silence. When we walked in it was silent. Everybody was thinking about The Three. During dinner I looked around and saw The Sevens and mine's food all blue. I scanned the crowd and saw a couple other people with blue food.

After dinner we walked down to the campfire and sat down. Tonight, just like every night for the past 10 years it was a dark gray color and was very low. Chiron walked up onto the makeshift temporary stage. "As you all know." He started. "Ten years ago today we lost three great warriors. For those new campers, no they did not die but were sent to Tartarus. Their names were-" Chiron was cut off by a flash of light. When the light faded there were four figures. Three were standing but one of them was in the middle one's arms. The last one looked dead.

(The day before.)Percy/Trident pov

It had been 100 hundred Tartarus years since we were sent to the place we now call home, and 80 Tartar years since Reaper promised to get us out of Tartarus. We were fighting 200 Empousai when they just scattered. We turned around and saw a dragon. It was 40 feet tall. Shadow gasped,