Chapter 10

Emma POV

"It's her 18th birthday." Percy said. Just then I felt pain and everything went black. I really hate the color black now.

Blackout

I looked around and saw Shadow and realized we were back in Tartarus but she looked scared even though this was the oldest I had seen her but then again she only looked around 18.

She was facing a huge monster. It looked like a full sized male dragon but the scales looked like Chaos silver which is the strongest material in the universe. The dragon was 40 feet tall and it looked mad. I realized that Shadow and the dragon weren't fighting, they were talking, so I listened in.

"There will be a prophecy. You will come back but be warned, the gods will not trust you. Only Poseidon, Hades, Hecate and Iris shall trust you, Shadow. The other gods will be scared and will send you back. Hecate can not save you this time, demigod." The dragon said, "they won't need to!" Shadow shouted back, "I can take care of myself down here and I have been for the past 200 years (Tartarus years. on Earth it had only been 20 years. Tartarus makes her age differently though.) Just then, something came up behind Shadow and all of a sudden there was a sword sticking out of her stomach. Shadow collapsed and with her final breaths she prayed to her mother, "I won't need your help."

There was a change of scenery and I saw all the olympians and hades sitting on their thrones. As I watched, Hecate only spoke when asked a question. Her eyes looked empty. All of a sudden I heard Shadow's voice say "I won't need your help."

Hecate gasped and shot up into a standing position at the same time as Hades. Everyone stopped talking and looked at them "Hecate, Hades what are you-" "You felt it didn't you?" Hecate interrupted as she looked at Hades. He just nodded. " and you heard her didn't you."

"Yes. This is not good. I thought she had already died and I just didn't sense it since she was down there but I guess I was wrong." Hades said sadly. "Brother, Hecate what is going on?" Zeus asked. "Nothing." They said in unison as they sat back down.

Blackout over

Will's POV

As I watched Percy come running in with Nico in tow and started talking to Emma I noticed something was wrong. I started to make my way over but she collapsed and Nico caught her. He put her down on her bed and pulled Percy to a corner as I started checking on her. They whispered in hushed tones until Nico shadow traveled away. Percy walked over and looked down at Emma lying on the bed. "Percy there's nothing wrong with her physically I can't really do anything. This goes deeper." I said as I looked up at him. " I know." He said.

"Percy, if you want me to help her I need to know what happened to make this kind of effect on her." Percy looked up at me and I could tell he was trying to figure out what to do. He sighed "fine I'll tell you but you can't tell anyone, she doesn't want this getting around." I smiled internally "thank you. And I swear on the river Styx that I won't tell anyone about this." I said, thunder booming to seal the deal. He began and I stared at him, shocked when he finished telling me.

That was not what I had been expecting. I don't know what I was expecting but I wasn't expecting that. Just then, Emma started to stir.

Emma's POV

As I woke up I heard Percy say, "The girl in the prophecy is Emma and she's slowly getting her memories back." What? What the Hades does that mean?

I sat up and Will handed me a piece of ambrosia while I looked around the room. "Where's Nico?" I asked, realizing he wasn't here anymore. "He had to go but he should be back soon." Percy said. I looked up at his smirking face and just punched his arm then hugged him. "Yes he should be back soon." I heard a voice say right behind me. I shrieked and punched the person behind me. "Again, ow." "Oh sorry Nico but you should know not to sneak up on me after last time." I said.