Chapter 19

Emma pov

"Harper?" I had asked. "Hello Emma." She spat my name out. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "Same as you. fighting for my cause. Except I'm fighting for the winning side." She answered.

"Emma, how do you know her?" Percy asked, turning to me. "I'll tell you later." I answered quietly, still glaring at Harper.

"Oh so you still haven't told them? Why would you want to keep me a secret, Em?" She said smugly.

"Emma, what is she talking about?" Nico asked me. "Nothing, I'll talk to you guys later." I answered, not looking at him.

"Emma, Emma Emma." She said, shaking her head, "It's not good to keep secrets you know." Now I was getting mad.

"Look who's talking Harper." I spat her name out as I talked.

"I had no choice."

"Whatever. You know you did. They never would have died if you had at least told us. Or, better idea, you had run away."

As we talked I saw the archers slowly surrounding the monster army as some of the fighters made their way to the back.

"You have no idea what happened." She said, not realizing they were getting surrounded.

"Yes I do. You betrayed everyone and because of you they died."

"I didn't want them to die! They meant everything to me!" She had started yelling.

"And they meant everything and more to me!" I yelled back.

"Well they're gone"

It wasn't what she said that made me snap. It was how she said it. She said it like they didn't matter, like they were just another task for her. She said it so carelessly like she doesn't care how many people she kills and who she hurts in the process, and that's exactly the problem. She doesn't.

I lunged forward and the demigod army took that as their signal. The archers on the side started firing arrows into the monster army while the people behind the army charged in at the same time as the demigods behind me. I plowed through the monsters, killing everything in my sight. I fought my way towards Harper.

My anger made everything fly by, like I wasn't in control. I finally made it to where she was standing. I was seething with rage. "Oh boo hoo. Is Emmy mad?" She mocked me, using her old nickname for me.

That made me snap even more. My vision turned red and I lunged. I didn't know what I was doing but a few minutes later my vision cleared. I looked around and saw that all the monsters were dead and Tartarus, Gaei, Kronos, and Nyx had left. I was holding Harper by the neck and she wasn't touching the ground. "Emma don't. Just let her go." I heard in my head. I still held onto her. "Come on, kill me." She choked out. "Emma this isn't you." Nico said, again in my head. "I know." i MM'd back.

I opened my hand and Harper fell to the ground. She got back up. "Pathetic. You never did have the guts to do anything fun." She taunted. "Just leave or I will kill you." I said. With that a black portal opened beneath her and she fell through.

I sank to my knees once the portal had closed and started crying. I felt someone come over and wrap their arms around me. "Shh it's okay Em. She's gone. You're okay." A soothing voice whispered in my ear. It took me a moment to realize it was Nico. I leaned into his chest and continued to cry. Eventually I passed out.

Nico pov

Slowly everyone walked away to go back to their activities until it was just me and Emma. Eventually I realized she had stopped crying and looked down to see her passed out. I let out a small chuckle and picked her up.