Chapter 12

Sally's pov

I was in the kitchen making blue cookies to send to Percy when I heard a knock on the door. "Paul, can you get it?" I yelled from the kitchen. "Yea sure." He answered. I heard him answer the door and I heard Annabeth's voice. I walked out of the kitchen and she was walking into the apartment but instead of having Percy with her like I thought, she had someone else.

"Poseidon." I gasped. "Wait, this is poseidon?" Paul asked. "yup" Annabeth said. "oh.. nice to meet you then." He said. "Hi Sally." Poseidon said.

I could tell he was a nervous because he was playing with the bottom of his shirt. "Poseidon what's wrong?" I asked. "Its-" he stopped and looked at Annabeth. She nodded and looked back at me. "It's Percy." I said. All the color drained out of my face. "What happened to him?" I asked. 'He couldn't be dead. Right?' "Is he.." I asked to make sure " no he's not dead but where he is might be worse."

uh oh.

"Why, where is he?" I asked "Sally... he's back in Tartarus." "Wh-what? What happened?" "Let's call Iris. She can show you." Poseidon said.

I looked at him and finally noticed how miserable he looked. "Ok... Poseidon, are you okay?" "Yes Sally I am okay. Give me a moment so I can call Iris please." "Of course." Paul said. For a minute there was no sound in the apartment. Then all of a sudden the oven went off.

"Annabeth, would you mind helping me with the cookies?" I asked. My hands were shaking and I knew I might burn myself or drop the pan. "Of course not." She said, We got up and walked to the kitchen. "Annabeth, is there a super short version of this story that you can give me?" She looked at me. "Uh i guess. So you know Emma?" She asked. "Of course she's Percy's best friends after you"

"Well turns out she had a past life where she was sent to Tartarus and died after 20 years then she came back to life and grew up. She had a hard life as you know. Eventually she ran away and found the seven including Percy and I down at the dock. She came with us to camp half blood. During a fight she got the gods attention unintentionally and when she was conscious again the gods wanted to see her."

"They were fighting and only 4 gods did not vote for her to be sent back to Tartarus. So as Zeus threw the lightning bolt to send her to Tartarus Percy and Nico, who were there, stepped forward and grabbed her. The bolt sent all of them to Tartarus." She finished and looked up at me.

I was mad but also sad. I had tears slowly falling down my face but also with a mad expression. We grabbed the plate of cookies and walked back into the living room. "Sally, are you okay?" Poseidon asked, "No. no im not okay." I answered "What's wrong?" He said. "Annabeth gave me a short version of what happened." I said. "Did she tell you which gods voted for Emma to stay?" I shook my head. "I did, along with Iris, Hades, and Hecate." I felt a little relieved. "Good." "Wait Emma as in our Emma who went missing?" Paul asked

"Yes when Iris Gets here she will show you what happened." Annabeth said. Just then there was a flash. "Someone say my name?" Iris said after the light went away. "Yes, Poseidon and I were hoping you could show Sally what happened on Olympus." Annabeth said "Plus I want to see exactly what happened." Iris looked at me. "I'm assuming you're Sally Jackson then?" "Yes," I said.

Iris showed us what happened and by the end I was crying on the couch. I could faintly hear Annabeth and Poseidon talking and could barely feel Paul's arms around me. All three of them left and Paul and I ended up watching Percy's favorite movie, finding Dory, and eating blue cookies on the couch. I cried all night but I also knew that Percy would be okay and that he would find a way to come home to me.

Reapers pov.

2 Earth years or 20 Tartarus years after we were first sent to Tartarus we were sitting in the lounge room eating something kind of dragon burger when I remembered what Emma had said about being gone. "Hey Shadow?" "Yes?" She answered. "The day we were sent here before we left for Olympus you said something about being gone and it had something to do with Nyx?" "Yes..." She said,