Chapter 21

Percy pov

I opened the envelope and started to read.

If you are reading this then Paul and I are gone. If you are not Percy, Poseidon, Emily, or Emma please give this to one of them.

Percy, my sweet boy. Paul and I love you so much. We are so sorry that we couldn't say goodbye. The girl you're most likely holding is your half sister Atlanta Vivian Blofis. She is one year old and her birthday is July 15. We love you so much I can not say it enough. I am so sorry you have to live the life of a demigod. Please take care of your sister and tell her of us. Help her grow up to be just like her big brother. We love you. Stay safe. Love, Mom and Paul.

That was it. She was gone. After everything, she was gone.

Emily pov

Percy handed Emma the note. She started reading it and began to cry. It was small at first, just a few tears but as she kept reading she started to cry harder. For a second she smiled as she read something. Then she handed the letter to me and ran over to the wardrobe. I watched as she pulled something out and set it on top of the wardrobe.

Then she ran over to the envelope, pulled another thing out and started reading that. I looked down at the letter in my hands. I unfolded the letter in my hands and began to read.

If you are reading this then Paul and I are gone. If you are not Percy, Poseidon, Emily, or Emma please give this to one of them.

I skipped to the part with my name.

Emily. You will always be my daughter. As is Emma. When you were young you were a sweet fragile young girl. Now you are braver, tougher, and stronger. I am proud to see the young woman you've become. I love you very much and hope you know that. I know you are obsessed with my blue cookies so I always have a batch on hand. There is a box of them in the wardrobe for you and Emma. Please help my son watch over his little sister and don't let him do anything rash. Stay safe Emily.

That's the end. I started to cry as that realization hit me. I set the note down and walked over to the box of cookies and opened it. I breathed in through my nose. It smells so good. I grabbed five cookies out of the box. I walked over to Percy and gave him two cookies and a hug. Then I walked over to Nico, who had been watching all of us cry and gave him a cookie. Then I walked over to Emma who was staring at a picture in her locket. She didn't look up as I came over. "Em?" I said She looked up. "Oh hi." She said with a forced smile and trying to wipe the tears from her eyes. I handed her the cookie. "Thanks." She said "You're welcome." I walked back over to Percy and sat down next to him. "You okay?" I asked handing him two cookies. "No." He stated. I just nodded. "Guys we should search the house." Nico said.

We all nodded and walked out the door back into the burned house. We walked to the living room. There on the floor were Paul and Sally. They were both dead but it looked like Paul had thrown himself on top of Sally to protect her. Percy handed me Atlanta and kneeled next to his mom's body. "No." He whispered "NO!" He yelled this time. We looked at the wall and saw a symbol. It was a star with a rose in the middle. "UGH I HATE HER!" Emma yelled and started punching the wall.

Nico pov

Emma was punching the wall nonstop. I could see that the wall was starting to have a little blood on it. As were her knuckles, I went behind her and grabbed her fist before she could punch the wall again. She tried to pull her hand away but she couldn't get out of my grip. Finally she turned around to look at me. "You hate who?" I asked. "Harper." She answered,

"What does that have to do with.." I trailed off, remembering now why a star with a rose in the middle sounds so familiar. It's her sister's symbol. I pulled Emma in for a hug. We pulled apart a minute later and I took her hand. I examined her knuckles. They weren't bleeding too heavily. I let go of her hand and we turned back to Percy and Emily.

By now we could hear the sirens of the approaching fire trucks. "We need to get to Olympus." I said. Emma nodded, "Hecate!" She yelled. There was a flash of light and Hecate was standing in front of us. "What do you-" She stopped, looking at the apartment. She turned around and saw Percy kneeling next to his parents' dead bodies. She nodded.

We closed our eyes and when we opened them again we were standing in the middle of the throne room. Hecate shot a purple blast of light into the air and then walked to her throne. We stood in the middle of the room as the gods flashed in one by one. Poseidon was the last one to flash in but no one took notice of us. "Why have you called us here hecate?" Zeus asked. Hecate motioned towards us and everyone finally saw us. Emma and I were facing the gods. Percy was kneeling next to his mother and wouldn't let go of her hand. Emily was next to him and rubbing circles into his back.

Everyone gasped. "Sally." Poseidon whispered, he ran over and knelt next to Percy. "What happened?" Athena asked Hecate. "I dont know." She answered. "Who did it?" Hestia asked. I looked at Emma to see she had her teeth and fists clenched as hard as possible. "My stupid ex-sister." She said through her clenched teeth.

Everyone gasped and looked at hecate. "not mine." She said, putting her hands up defensively. "No, it's my step sister. My dad got remarried when I was younger and Harper came with it. Long story short she killed my dad, her mom and brother." Emma said.

"I thought it was Kronos that killed your father." She answered. "It kind of was. Harper is working for them." Emma said, "When I found out I swore to get revenge." "And did you?" Aphrodite asked. "No, because someone." She said, glaring at Zeus, "got mad and sent me to Tartarus on my way to her." I touched Emma's shoulder slightly. She turned her head to look at me. "Now is not the time." I whispered to her. She nodded her head and turned towards Poseidon. "Poseidon." She started. He looked up at her. "Sally left a note. There was a part written for you." She walked towards him and handed him the note.

Poseidon pov

Emma walked to me and handed me the note. I opened it and read,

If you are reading this then Paul and I are gone. If you are not Percy, Poseidon, Emily, or Emma please give this to one of them.

I skipped to the part with my name.

Poseidon. Hello. I don't know what you might be feeling right now but I need you to look after our son. He will change and I have asked Emma and Emily to help him but he needs the father figure he never had. Another thing. The baby's name is Atlanta Vivian.

I looked up, startled, to see that Emily was holding a little girl in her arms.

She is Percy's half sister and I must ask you to not let the gods take her away from him. She is mortal so I fear they will send her to an orphanage or some other place where she will not know of her brother or us. Please help our son, my daughter, and his best friends stay safe. -Sally

I walked over to Emily. "Can I hold her?" I asked. She looked at Percy and he nodded, not looking away from his parents. As Emily handed me Atlanta she woke up.

She had the most beautiful eyes. They were a beautiful ocean blue with specks of brown in them. Her hair was soft and dark brown.

"Do you know when her birthday is?" I asked no one in particular. "July 15." Percy answered, "She's one." "Not anymore." Hestia said. "What?" Emily asked. "Today is her birthday. Which means she's two." Hestia answered. Percy stood up, came over to me, and I handed Atlanta to him. "Happy birthday sweet girl" He whispered to her. I don't think anyone was supposed to hear him but I did.

As I stood there I realized something. Sallys right. This is going to change him. But will it change him for the better or for the worse?