Chapter 15- Watch my Baby

((Castiel's POV))

This couldn't be happening. Of all the things to happen, this!

Dean hugged me and pretended it was just a friendly thing since the police officer was right there. Gabriel and Sam did the same thing.

I was about to cry but I had to hold it together. "Dean.."

He put his hands on my shoulders with a sad smile. "Don't worry baby I'll be back." He whispered and I nodded. He hugged me again.

"Watch my baby okay?" He whispered and I nodded. "I promise." And he slipped his car keys that also had his house key on the ring into my pocket as he pulled away.

Sam pulled away from Gabriel and wiped his eyes. Gabe was reassuring him but Sam just kept nodding sadly before Dean grabbed his arm gently and walked him over to the officer's cruiser.

"Okay we're ready to go." Dean said and the officer nodded. "Alright we'll drop the younger one off first then take you to the home you'll be staying at."

Dean blinked a few times and I could tell that he was scared. He didn't want to lose his only family.

"Wait no can't we stay at the same one?" He said grabbing Sam's shoulders protectively.

The officer shook his head opening the back door of his cruiser. "I'm sorry boy but your age difference means that you'll have to be in different homes."

Dean and Sam got into the car and the officer closed the door. Dean looked out the window and I could see just the slightest fear in his eyes as he gave a sad smile and waved to me. I waved back.

Gabriel looked at me once the car was gone. "They'll be fine.. Right?" He whispered and I nodded. "It has to be alright. Only a few months until Dean turns eighteen and then he comes back.." Gabriel's voice broke as he spoke his next sentence. "What about Sam?"