Chapter 5-I'm so sorry

((Castiel's POV))

I stood outside of the estate waiting in the cold with my trench coat on and rubbing my hands together to keep warm. I didn't know when Dean would show up or if he was going to but I had been waiting a long time and it was already dark out. I was about to go back inside when I saw a car without it's headlights on pull up slowly.

I got into the car and Dean smiled at me. I couldn't quite see him all that well but I smiled back and he drove away from where my house was.

We ended up at an abandoned barn and Dean turned the car off before getting out. One of these days I was going to take him somewhere nice.

I got out as well and we went into the barn. It was dark and smelled of old dry hay and horses. He lit a gas lamp and the light flickered across his face as he walked over to me. I could clearly see a few horses here and there and there was a loft. I didn't know why there were horses because clearly it was abandoned..unless it was just really beat up. I guess that could be.

But then someone could catch us here..

I looked back at Dean as he placed his hands on my hips and I gasped stroking my fingers lightly over Dean's face which caused him to wince.

I quickly pulled my hand away. "I'm sorry. Oh I'm so sorry Dean.."

Dean smiled a bit and shrugged dismissing the fact that he had a huge black eye. "It's nothing."

I rolled my eyes. "It's huge and it looks painful.."

He ignored my comment and kissed the corner of my mouth. "I'm glad you didn't get hurt." He said softly.

I smiled softly. "Thanks Dean." He smiled as well and his one good eye stared into mine. He pulled away and kicked some hay together to create a more fluffy pile and sat down against the wall on the pile of hay. I sat down next to him and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I was still a bit cold and snuggled into Dean's warmth.

We sat silently for a while until I decided to bring up the fight like I was going to in the first place anyways.

"Dean..the things you said to Michael.. About us.."

Dean looked down at me and his good eye widened a bit. "Cas you don't think I meant them about you did I?"

I looked down and shrugged. "I don't know..but you meant them about my brother, about my parents, about my only friends."

He stayed silent and then wrapped his other arm around me, embracing me in a hug. "I didn't mean to hurt you. I just wanted to get at Michael."

I nodded slightly. "I know.."

He played with the hair at the nape of my neck and I smiled slightly.

"From now on if there's an emergency let's meet on the trail to the lake." He said out of nowhere and I nodded. "Sounds like a plan."

We didn't talk anymore, Dean just held me and pressed soft kisses to my face or shoulder whenever he felt like it. I sat there contemplating everything.

After about an hour I looked at Dean and sighed. "I should be getting home." Dean nodded and stood up bringing me with him.

"Cas I want to bring you out on a date..maybe we could just go to the lake again. You can tell me more about you."
He said as we walked back out to the car, Dean blowing the lamp out on our way out. I nodded. "Okay. I'll meet you there, um Tuesday?"

He nodded and we climbed into the car. I stared at him the whole way back to my house and when he parked with the car lights out I leaned over and kissed him softly. He hummed kissing me back and when I felt it had lasted long enough I pulled away.

His lips were a bit swollen and I smiled squeezing his hand before I got out of his car. He watched me leave and I didn't hear his car leave until I had passed the gates of the estate.

I walked to my house and when I walked through the door I knew my parents weren't home because Lucifer was there, sitting on the couch with my brother who was making small talk as they ate cookies.

I looked confused at them and Gabe gave me a look of concern before Luci motioned me over to the couch. I hesitantly sat down next to Gabe and Luci motioned for my brother to leave which he did.

"So I saw you leave with Winchester." He said and I started to freak out on the inside, but outside I looked confused.

"I don't know what you're talking about.."

"I saw you get in Dean's crappy impala."

I shook my head and laughed a little. "I would never."

"Mmhhmm." He smirked slightly and crossed his arms. "Alright prove it to me then." He said and I looked him dead in the eye.

"What do you want me to do?"

"I'll show you, Monday."

"Tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow." He said and I nodded in anticipation and a bit of fear.