Chapter 29-Best Friends

((Dean's POV))

Castiel is getting married.

Those words just kept going through my mind over and over again from when Sam said them to me. I didn't know this Hannah but I hoped she was good enough for my angel. He deserved the best and I know I'm not it, that's why I didn't go with Sam and Gabe when they left. I stayed true to Cas and he was marrying someone else, while Sam dated someone else for two whole years and he still got Gabe back. I shouldn't have been so clingy I should have done what Sam did.

Being twenty one was great, I could finally buy my own alcohol, hence how I could be drinking out of this whiskey bottle. Then I decided to go see Benny because you know what? I deserved some time with my best friend. I didn't know where he would be at this time, but I was sure I could find him.

I started walking through town kicking at stones and looking at the dark night sky. Looking at the stars with Cas was one of my favorite things... I don't know why I was still thinking about him, it had been two years after all.

I walked by the diner and saw Crowley and Kevin sharing a milkshake. I blinked and went inside. "Hey guys what are you doing?" I ask and Kevin's face turns bright red. "Oh uh..we're just.." Crowley smirks and puts an arm around Kevin's shoulders. "Right.. Have you seen Benny?" I ask and Crowley nods. "Last I saw him he was harassing the workers at the candy shop." He rolls his eyes and I nod. "You be good to him." I say glaring at Crowley, Kevin was like a little brother to me and I was very protective of my siblings. Kevin just sits there blushing the whole time and then I smile waving to the both of them.

I walk to the candy shop and open the door, causing the small bell on it to ring.
"C'mon sugar doll you know you want to give me some free candy. I'll make it up to you." Benny purrs with a wink as he's leaning closer to some red head chick and I roll my eyes. "Charlie is this guy bothering you?" I ask and Benny stands up straight with a cocky smile. "We're just having some fun ain't that right sweetheart?" Charlie tucks some hair behind her ear and rolls her eyes. "Shoulda worked at the library." She grumbles to herself and then smiles at me. "Hey Dean-o haven't seen you in a while. How's it going?" I shrug sadly and pick out a bag of candy that I know Benny likes and sets it on the counter, taking my wallet out to buy it as Charlie rings it up and Benny just watches with his arms crossed.

"Not too good. How's your girlfriend?" I ask cause no one is in the store but us and I glance back at Benny who makes an 'o' shape with his mouth. "Ah sorry there sweetheart." He says and takes out a cigarette putting it between his lips.
"Dorothy is great actually. We just bought a kitten together." She cooes and hands me back the bag of candy. "No smoking inside." She snaps and Benny grudgingly puts his lighter away.
"That's awesome Charlie!" I smile and kiss her cheek, "take care." I grab Benny by his coat sleeve and drag him out. "Cmon trouble maker want to go somewhere and eat this candy?" I ask. He nods and starts walking.

We end up at his place and sit on his roof sharing the bag of candy between us. "So I know that look Dean, what happened?" He asks and I sigh. "Cas is getting married." I whisper. Benny looks at me sadly and scoots closer, hugging me tightly. "It's okay Dean you'll find someone. I know it hurts but you'll be okay." He says and I lean into him not saying anything. My ear was pressed against his heartbeat and it sounded so calming. I looked up at him and he looked back at me with fondness.

Then I leaned up and kissed him. Stupid I know. At first he kissed me back but then he pulled away and stroked his fingers through my hair soothingly. "Dean..I've had a small crush on you for a while but it's not going to work. You're in love with Castiel and we're best friends." He says. I nod feeling really embarrassed and small in his arms. "Well..we can still stay best friends but if you want we could hook up? I mean I could get a rebound and you could get closure." Benny pursed his lips and hummed. "I mean as long as you promise it ain't going to be weird around us, I still want my best friend around." He says and I nod. "Promise." I say and he smiles.

When we get to his bedroom we both take our shirts off and he sits on his bed. "You have a condom?" He asks and I nod pulling one from my wallet and placing it in his outstretched hand. Benny looks at it and then back up at me. "It's expired."
"Well shit.." I say and rub the back of my neck. "I don't have any.." He adds and I nod. "You have lube?" He nods. "You clean?" Benny gives me a look. "I haven't been tested in a while Dean. It's not something I do on a regular basis." I nod and slip my shoes and shirt back on. "I'll go buy some." I say and light a cigarette. He nods and lays back on his bed while I walk to the nearest convenient store smoking a cigarette.

--

The next morning I wake up in Benny's bed naked, wrapped in his arms and he's naked too. But he's already awake. "That was fun." I say. "Did you eat all the candy?" He asks and I shake my head. He sits up and goes to get the bag of candy. "Sweet." He bounces back onto the bed a bit childishly and puts the bag down. I take a chocolate and pop it between my lips. "You're real good at sex Dean, thanks. I know that if it never happened I'd always wonder what it would've been like and never get over my crush. But now we can just be best friends again right?" I nod and smile at him, "for sure, brother." We both start to laugh and it wasn't weird at all.

Castiel is getting married.