Chapter 17- A Bad Trip??? Maybe

((Balthazar's POV))

I stumbled into Michael's house who looked up from a book he was reading and glared at me. "What the fuck are you doing? I've told you to at least knock."

I shook my head and I could barely stand so I collapsed on the ground, my head was spinning and it wasn't fun anymore.

"Lucifer.."

"What has my twin done this time?" He growled setting his book down after saving his place.

"He's dead.."

Michael stared at me in shock for a few seconds and then started laughing his menacing laugh that, I had to admit, was a bit scary.

"You're so drunk you're seeing things. Did you take anything else?" He asked standing up and walking over to me with a bottle of water.

"No Michael! He's dead! Crowley killed him!"

He looked at me and then sighed. "Where do you think this happened?"

"The park in the greasers territory. He got punched and his head hit the fountain..he was holding that kid Kevin in the water."

Michael thought and then he went over to his house phone and picked it up calling who the fuck knows.

When he put the phone back on the receiver he looked over at me. "There. The police are on their way. They'll get to the bottom of this. You just sit down and try not to puke on my rug." He sat back down where he was before and started to read from the place where he'd left off.

I looked down as I sipped my water confused. Maybe Luci had slipped something into my drink, but I'd never had a trip like this before. I started shaking slightly and I think it was because of the fear that I felt.

One of my friends were dead and I just wanted to go home but I couldn't because I was drunk. When a teenage boy admits that he wants his parents you know he's really scared and that's how I felt. I got up swaying a bit as I did. "Do you have any coffee?" I ask and Michael nods, getting up silently and going to the kitchen to start the coffee. I follow after him silently and sit at one of the bar stools that were at his kitchen counter.

A few minutes later Michael walked over and handed me a mug of coffee, and right then the phone rang. (Which hurt my head immensely).

I watched him as I sipped my coffee. Was I imagining the whole thing? Or had Lucifer, one of my closest friends, died?

Michael dropped the phone and looked over at me. "You were right..kind of."
I furrowed my eyebrows and he sat down next to me in shock, holding his head in his hands.

"The police found him..they took him to the hospital because he was barely breathing. He's in a coma.. Might as well be dead." He said staring off into space.

I started to cry in relief. He was technically still alive. There was still a chance he could make it.

By then I had finished my coffee and I was pretty much sober except for this horrible headache. I ran out the front door, leaving Michael at the counter and I ran as fast as I could.

Then I stopped. Where was I going? Dean wasn't here anymore so where would Crowley go? Who was the next in rank? Not ash and Crowley couldn't go to himself for help..so it had to be Benny.

I started running as fast as I could until I got to the greaser side of town. It was dirty and dark and a bit scary. I reached Benny's front porch and knocked on the door.
I didn't wait too long before he came to the door opening it with a groan. "Why the fuck are you here?"

That was the second time I'd gotten that tonight.

"Is Crowley and Kevin here? Or were they here?" I was breathing heavily from running all the way here from the opposite side of town and Benny had his shirt off while he was smoking weed. You could tell because of the smell, obviously.

"Yep. They've skipped town."

I sighed. Dammit. I was too late.

"Well if you talk to them tell them Luci isn't dead he's just in a coma." Benny froze but nodded and then shut the door in my face.

I didn't expect him to be any nicer, we were basically enemies, to be honest I didn't even think he'd open the door.

I hope Crowley and Kevin come back, not because I like them or anything but because they shouldn't have to run away, it was my fault and Lucifer's and I don't want that on my conscious. I started walking home slowly still tired from my run there.