Chapter 23- Bastard

((Dean's POV))

I came home after a long day at work and sighed as I came in the door. I didn't lock it because any of the gang could come at any time and they just walked inside and plus it's not like there was anything to steal inside our house.

I went to check on Sam and went into his room but what I saw was super surprising and a little weird. Sam was sitting on his bed with Lucifer and he was massaging his leg.
I only cracked the door open so I wouldn't be seen.
"Does it hurt?" Sam asked and Lucifer shrugged. "Only when I walk on it a lot. But that feels good." He smiled a little and Sam smiled back. I huffed and walked away going to my own room and collapsing on the bed and I just stared up at the ceiling.

Sam was moving on pretty fast from Gabriel. I mean I understood why, he left as soon as Sam was declared to be in a coma. It made me mad too, but I don't know if I was ready to get over Cas. I loved him, and it was hard to believe that he would leave me after he had waited all those months while I was in the boys home. I had cried when I found out Cas wasn't here. I missed him and I didn't know if he was coming back. He hadn't left me an address or a phone number. Maybe Sam had the right idea, if I distracted myself with someone else then I'd forget about Cas eventually. Or if he never did come back then at least I'd have someone else. The only problem was.. I don't have anyone else that cares for me like Cas did.

I groaned as I got up and went into the shower before changing into shorts and going to the kitchen making spaghetti and some garlic bread. I sat at the table as Sam came out at the smell of food with Lucifer hobbling after him. "Do you guys want some food? I made enough." I said with a full mouth and Lucifer chuckled as Sam nodded and got them both a plate of food.

They sat down on the couch as I sat at the table and watched them as they ate and Sam was sitting so close to Lucifer that their sides were up against one another. I hated Lucifer until a little while ago because he seems pretty nice. Maybe his near death experience changed him?

I finished eating and I didn't even care to put my dishes away before I got dressed and went out to the pool hall. I sat at the bar and had Bobby get me a glass of whiskey. "But that's your only glass you idgit." Bobby warned and I nodded as I drank it and looked around.
Everything seemed different since the almost fight between me and Michael. The socs have left us alone and we've left them alone. It was really weird but it wasn't bad. And they've been really nice to us compared to usual.

All of a sudden someone took a seat beside me and I looked over to see Benny. I smiled and he smiled back. "Hey brother how is everything?" He asked and I shrugged. "Cas has disappeared." I said. I had told him about me and Cas since he's my best friend.
He just nods and gets a beer from Bobby. "He doesn't deserve you anyways." Benny said and I shrugged, not saying anything. He put a hand on my back and I just smiled a little.

Cas did deserve me. He deserved the world and more. I wanted to give him the universe if I could. But he's gone and all I can do is hope that he comes back. So that's what I decided to do. I wasn't like Sam, I didn't just move on because I was angry. Sometimes I got angry but I didn't live in it. I was mostly hurt. So I went down to mine and Cas' secret place (that wasn't so secret cause we shared it with Sam and Gabe) and I just sat there, trying to skip rocks across the water but failing miserably. I thought about what Cas would say if he saw me right now. "Dean you have to twist your wrist like this and flick it so the pebble hits the water just right.." And as I thought of this, my pebble I'd just thrown skipped along the water's surface four times. I laughed out loud and shook my head. "Bastard." I mumbled.

Castiel Novak had waited for me so I, Dean Winchester was going to wait for him.