Chapter 4 - Vitis

"You saw Akai Shuichi?" Gin glares at Vodka. Rosé sits in the back of Gin's Porsche with the man while Vodka drives.

"Remember, there was a robbery case at the Teito bank in Beika District. They were announcing on the news that the trial for that case started yesterday and when they played back the video of the incident, one of the freed customers looked like him. But I supposed it could be a coincidence since we saw Akai Shuichi die with our own eyes."

"Call Kir" Gin's voice is eerie. "There are too many incidents for everything to be a coincidence now"

"I'll send Limoncello to hack the security cameras if you see Akai in a store. Just send the message and she'll be there" Rosé sighs. "I can't wait for him to be finally eradicated"

-⚉-

"It's a ghost," Kir starts. "There's no way he's alive. I shot and killed Akai Shuichi right before your eyes."

"It wasn't before my eyes, I only watched through a monitor" Gin holds the gun to her head. "At the time, you were in a situation that you could manipulate... Am I wrong Kir?"

"Manipulate?" Rosé smirks while listening. "But you saw it! You saw him get shot, bleed from his head, and then fall over and die. You were the one who told me to shoot him in the head and get him to Raiha pass. On top of that, I was also being watched by the other members until I met up with him. How could I have planned anything? But then again... if either he or I possessed an intellect on a superhuman level, we might've been able to predict what would happen... if we were... like sherlock holmes or something. Why don't you stop trying to unfold mystery that doesn't exist and just enjoy the fact that he's gone?"

"Yeah... I'm so happy... if He's still alive, I get to kill him again" Gin smiles.

"There seems to be an issue inside" Limoncello speaks. "There's a bombing case"

"Bombing case?"

"Yes." Limoncello stares at the sight. "The riot and bomb squads are currently sitting a level underneath. Akai's on floor 3. A man's currently strapped to bombs on the same level"

'What. What's going on' Gin glares.

-⚇-

"Who was that?" Subaru stares at her and she shakes her head.

"An old friend, she wanted my friend's boyfriend's number." Hitsuki sighs as she hangs up.

"Sounds complicated" Subaru notes.

"Yeah. Did you need something? You had suddenly asked me to go out with you to the bank"

"No worries-" Subaru stops to stare at the male on his right. Hitsuki follows his eyes and spots Akai Shuichi. Did they know each other? Or perhaps...

"Do you know him?" Hitsuki asks.

"No. He just resembles an old friend I know rather well," Subaru suddenly drags Hitsuki back and she flinches when she sees Akai stare in their old direction. Subaru smirks. Just who exactly was this man. "Shall we take a look outside? You seem rather pale"

Hitsuki follows Subaru to the cafe. She spots a familiar gust of orange hair and ignores it. Subaru stares at the Porsche and then the sniper and smirks. Hitsuki takes note and swears to get more information on who he really was.

"Uh excuse me" the waitress stares at the two.

"Ah sorry! We wanted to take a look outside. My friend here was getting pale" Subaru smiles and drags them out.

"Last chances don't come with a warning" Hitsuki whispers under her breath and Subaru barely catches it. "Excuse me for a bit!"

Hitsuki rushes off and Subaru tries to chase her. She rushes off to the bathroom and puts on her earpiece. "Limoncello hook me up with Gin's audio."

-⚉-

"It's an incoming call." Vodka stares at the unknown number on the phone.

"Answer it" Gin states.

"Gin~" Champagne's voice rings clear. "What are you up to?"

-⚇-

Hitsuki rushes outside the bathroom looking much better than before. Subaru leans on the wall outside and stares at the girl.

"You look better" he smiles.

"Ah yeah," Hitsuki sighs. "I felt slightly sick from everything going on"

"They solved the bombing case"

"I figured. I'm going to head home first then!" Hitsuki grins and waves goodbye.

"Gin prepare the car I'm joining you" Rosé's voice drops.

Subaru watches the girl run off while calling someone. She wasn't who Conan claimed she was. She was more than that, and she might end up being more trouble than Bourbon himself if they don't keep her under check. But for now, to save Jodie from being killed.

-⚉-

"There! I found him I found the ghost!" Chianti gleams. "he's on the left side of the main entrance right in front of the car. If you wanna see for yourself, do it already Gin! My trigger finger can't wait any longer. I'm about to fire!"

Rosé slips into the front of the Porsche and smiles at the sight of a familiar Harley pull up.

"Vermouth" Gin speaks. She leans in to tell him something and Rosé smirks. "Did you get permission from the boss?"

"Yes," Vermouth speaks. "the boss is always careful to the extreme... he's the type that ruins plans by overthinking"

"What's going on?! Can I do it or what?" Chianti yells into the mic. "Which is it?... THAT BASTARD JUST SMIRKED AT ME! GIN DO I KILL HIM?"

"I-It's strange but, all the customers started rushing back into the store."

"I lost the target" Chianti trembles.

"There's no point in lingering. We're leaving. Contact Korn"

"What's going on?!" Chianti asks. "Gin?!"

"Heh" Gin turns off the phone. "that selfish bastard. I've always hated that fool. I wish they only existed in fiction novels... those great detectives like sherlock holmes."

"Well, it's a shame that it was only Bourbon" Rosé stares out the window.

"But I'm surprised you were at the mall too" Vodka notes.

"I went to run some errands. On top of that, my neighbor told me I was looking pale and that I needed fresh air" Rosé clicks on her mobile.

"You? Needing fresh air?" Kir asks.

"Mhm." Rosé scrolls through her phone and stops at the photo. Scotch, Bourbon, and Rye all at the same train station next to each other. The sight of a guitar case over Scotch and Rye's back cracks Rosé up slightly.

"Do we need to send you home?" Gin grumbles and Rosé laughs.

"No no. Send me to..."

Vodka drives her there and she smiles. "Thank you. Be more careful next time Gin. Chianti's hair is pretty recognizable you know."

Vodka drives off and she stares at the bar in front of her.

"Good evening madam" the server smiles.

"Good evening Mizuki" Hitsuki sighs and sits at the bar.

"Rough day?"

"Yeah." Hitsuki smiles at the glass before her. "Tell me Moonshine. How does it feel to be free?"

"The sky is clear, the moon is out and the stars are sparkling" Mizuki laughs. "But in all honesty it feels like a breath of fresh air."

"Air huh?" Hitsuki stares at the moon. "how fitting"

-✿-

Fun facts about this chapter:

Moonshine is a type of liquor that emerged thanks to prohibition in the United States in the 1900s
Rosé's ex-lover was mentioned this chapter :,0
Gin does not have Champagne's number saved
Moonshine used to be on Rosé's team