Chapter 10 - Malbec

"Awesome! Poirot really did get featured!" Genta exclaims.

"That's right! A reporter came by some time ago and said he'd feature the cafe in a magazine but I had no idea it'd feature so prominently!" Azusa mentions.

"Azusa-san is shown as well!" Mitsuhiko mentions. "Right there! "The cafe's valued customer the calico cat Taii-kun and the beautiful employee Azusa-san," It says!"

"You're right! She's holding Tai-chan!" Ayumi beams.

"Gosh, it's really too much praise calling me beautiful you know!" Azusa fawns.

"Well, it fits" Genta notes.

"You're very photogenic!" Mitsuhiko adds.

"And these kinds of articles always exaggerate" Conan deadpans.

"T-that's true I suppose" Azusa blinks.

"But I don't think it's much of an exaggeration!" Hitsuki smiles and Azusa blinks.

"When did you get here?"

"Ah I was actually here because I wanted to see Taii"

"Amuro-san isn't in it though?" Genta asks.

"Yeah, I wasn't feeling well that day and took some time off..."

"That's too bad..."

"Even though you're so handsome!" Ayumi whines.

"That's true! If Amuro-san had been featured as well, the Cafe would be overflowing with girls right about now!" Azusa mentions.

"Please don't tease me!" Amuro laughs. "More importantly, I thought there was one more member of your group!"

"Ai-chan already went home!" Ayumi mentions.

"We invited her to come visit Taii with us but..."

"She suddenly remembered she had something else to do..."

"S-Speaking of which, what about Taii? Did he already come for his meal?" Conan interrupts and Hitsuki snickers secretly.

"No, the truth is, ever since last week, Taii-kun has become my house cat!" Azusa beams.

"eEH?" Ayumi yells.

"Are you sure that's alright?" Genta asks.

"Taii may be a stray cat but seeing how he has a collar, he used to be someone's pet." Mitsuhiko notes.

"A while ago Taii seemed to have gotten into a fight with another cat and turned up here covered in wounds. That made me worry and besides, there's a picture of him in the magazine! If Taii's owner is looking for him, he'll find the article and come forward!"

"But, but, keeping Taii chan all to yourself is unfair!"

"And with such a small photo there's no way the owner would come forward!"

"If it was on the web then it'd be a different matter..."

"That's what you'd think right?" Azusa crouches. "However..."

"'scuse me" a man walks over and Hitsuki laughs. "is this the Cafe Poirot that was featured in that magazine?"

"Ah, Yes..." Azusa blinks.

"The article mentioned that a tray cat comes by here in the evenings to beg for food... It was in the photo as well" the man speaks.

"Yeah..." Azusa speaks.

"The thing is, that's actually my cat! I've been looking for him for about half a year"

"oi what are you saying?!" another man walks up. "that's our house cat no doubt about it! Stop spouting such nonsense!"