Special - Death of a Star

The air is cool around the two.

"It's a lovely night really," The girl smiles. "Just a shame that it has to be ruined this way,"

The building is 77 stories high, and after a long chase, Rei had finally managed to corner her on the roof. The only issue was that none of the enforcements he had called was anywhere close to her, and the roof of the building was wide open. She could leave whenever.

"Oh? Not answering?" The girl tilts her head, her smirk growing wider. "Perhaps the PSB has taught you to not make conversation with a felony while they're trying to escape. They taught that in the FBI academy, so it would make sense for the PSB to teach it too after all."

The male's jaw tightens and girl lights a cigarette. "You want to kill me because I'm an FBI agent. But you also think that by killing me, you'll get closer to the boss of the organization, and gain more of their trust."

Rei makes no signal to move, and she continues. "After all, there's nothing like an FBI agent being caught red-handed that gets you closer to the center. But Rei... getting along with Gin is the only key that you're missing right now."

The girl exhales as the cigarette smoke leaves her mouth. Rei's body language is still tense, and she hums. "You lack nothing in terms of an officer."

The male's eyes sharpen. "But... when it comes to terms of emotion, you're flawed in so... so... many ways..."

The woman taps her cigarette twice and the ashes fall to the ground. She steps on the ashes and grinds it on the bottom of her heel. "Furuya Rei. As an agent, you act professionally, but one mention of the fallen soldier Morofushi Hiromitsu has your entire body language giving you away,"

Rei's finger tightens on the trigger and the woman smiles again. "You're an agent, but you will never be the best. Maybe that's why you despise Akai. After all, he is the silver bullet."

A bullet flies from the gun and the woman's laugher echoes into the night air. It's aimed right in front of her foot. To serve as a warning. She doesn't seem to want to stop though.

"Look at you!" She crushes the finished cigarette under her heels, and she laughs. "Acting all like that again! I could do this for hours!"

Rei doesn't catch the way her eyes calculate the bullets in the gun, and he doesn't catch the way she pauses in her tempting before speaking up again.

"I must've struck a nerve," She hums, her voice silky and smooth. "After all, we were dating for a whole three years."

Rei laughs at that statement and the woman smirks. "Oh please. You played me like you did with all the rest of the members of the organization. You're the escort of the organization for a reason. I was foolish to believe that you actually loved me at all."

"So you do speak!" her smirk turns into a smile, but her eyes are still harsh. "You were right you know? But then if I never loved you, explain to me how you're still alive here, even after finding out you're a member of the PSB."

Rei falters and she takes the chance to step onto the edge of the building.

"You're delusional Rei!" She laughs into the winds building up around the two. "It wasn't that I never loved you. It's just that I'm so good at falling in love with someone and then pretending that it never happened, that it's become a perfect crime! But all stars burn out when the time comes! So remember this scene Rei. This is the girl you once risked it all for, falling down into a black hole, and never coming back!"

Rei watches in horror as the girl falls back. "HOSHIKO!"

He tries to grab her but watches the girl fall into the abyss below. Slowly disappearing, until the star she once was, slowly fades into nothing.

Rei clenches his fist and screams down.

Just like the death of a star, she too, became nothing more than a dying nebula in his universe.

-⧖-

Somewhere down below, the girl lands safely and leaves the scene. She's taken to a lab where her bruises and injuries are treated, and she's assigned a new identity. Shibata Hoshiko, the star of the musical theater empire turned into an old legend told to people as a warning.

Do not get involved with the law, because once you do, there's no way out.

The girl retires into the name Sakurai Mizuki. The daughter of a once wealthy businessman. Hidden from the public eye, kept a secret to everyone but a few.

All stars die, but some stars turn into supernovas after death, and supernovas, supernovas create beauty beyond comprehension in this world.

Sakurai Mizuki, the average working girl. Sakurai Mizuki, business tycoon Niyirishi Hitsuki's best friend. and Sakurai Mizuki, the once legend of the stage.

-✿-

Fun facts about this chapter:

When stars die they either burst into a supernova and then turn into a neutron star, or turn into a nebula and fade into a white dwarf, then a black dwarf
Mizuki's career had been in musical theater her whole life. She started singing for the stage at the age of 7 for broadway. 
Mizuki became the escort of the organization at the age of 17, and has had her innocence ripped away from her ever since
Escorts are paid for their time, and while they are in a slightly higher position than a prostitute, they still perform sexual deeds if requested during the time. This means that Mizuki has had to do things that she probably didn't want to when she was an escort
Mizuki did love Rei at some point, but her perception of love is so twisted that she is unable to settle for a person long term. In fact, they dated for the longest out of all the people Mizuki's dated her entire life

-☾★☽-

Hi everyone! I know I went missing for a while because of AP season, but I'll have you all know I'll start updating soon. I just gotta wait for Gosho to publish another chapter that makes me really want to write it out. So please bear with me <3

𝘙𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘷𝘰𝘵𝘦/𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳! Love you lots ❤︎