Chapter 21 - Picpoul

"Ah, Hitsuki-chan you're taking a day off tomorrow?" Azusa asks.

"Mhm! Ai-chan said she was heading out to a chicken farm with her teachers and wanted me to join in." Hitsuki smiles.

"That's so sweet!" Azusa gushes. "Speaking of which, who is Ai-chan's dad?"

"Ah..." Hitsuki trails. "Her father passed away two years back..."

"Oh no, I'm so sorry for asking!"

"No no! It's ok!" Hitsuki waves her hands frantically. "It's fine, he's in a better place now..."

"I see..."

"Anyway, I heard Tooru-kun was taking tomorrow off as well? Will you be ok handling the cafe by yourself?" Hitsuki asks.

"Mhm! It'll be just like before you two joined." Azusa smiles.

"Good luck then Azusa-chan!"

-⧖-

"OOOh, he's watching a movie!" Ayumi peers at a man holding a phone.

"Is it sci-fi?"

"Brats shouldn't snoop around! Get lost!" the man yells and Hitsuki raises a brow.

"Don't worry! I took a video of his screen so how about we search it up online?"

"What movie is it?"

"DELETE THAT VIDEO NOW!!"

"Whaaat?!" Mitsuhiko shakes and Hitsuki grumbles. She grabs his arm and pulls back. Amuro gets up to help her but pauses at her glare.

"Hitsuki-chan!" the kids cheer.

"What the hell you bitch?!" The man reaches to punch her and she dodges. She delivers a quick uppercut and stops before she hits him.

"Let's leave it at that shall we?" Hitsuki smiles. "And Mitsuhiko-kun be sure to erase any private videos that people don't like!"

"Okay!" He deletes the video and Hitsuki smiles.

"That'll do right?"

"Yeah..."

"Hitsuki-chan's been warming up lately? I haven't seen you move that quick before," Amuro walks up behind her.

"Ah, Tooru-kun! No no, I moved based on instinct... it's not much haha" Hitsuki scratches her cheek.

"Tooru-kun?" Kobayashi asks.

"No no! This is Amuro Tooru-kun! The cafe worker!" Hitsuki introduces.

"So you're Amuro-san!"

"Ah yes..."

"I'm Kobayashi, their homeroom teacher! I've heard a lot about you!" the teacher smiles. "Word is, he's a private eye who also works at a coffee shop!"

"I'm assistant homeroom teacher Wakasa! Pleased to meet you!" the woman smiles.

"But what are you doing on this bus Amuro-san?" Conan asks.

"I have some business at Hatoyama farm, just like you..."

"I see" he nods.

"I'll tell you more once we arrive there..." Amuro crouches down.

-⧖-

The group rings the bell and Hitsuki rummages through her bag.

"Looks like no one's home..."

"The gate was left open too," Mitsuhiko frowns.

"And there aren't any cows or anything either..." Genta trails.