15

Katelyn and Vylad were waiting outside the deli, with a bag of Aphmau's things. The two of them were extremely worried of how she was doing, especially since she didn't come the night before. Part of Katelyn was nervous that she took it too far with Ein. The man won't even look at her now and she probably made it worse for Aphmau. 

"Katelyn, stop,", Vylad said, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You did what was best. You defending you and your sister."

"How is she ever going to stand up to that monster Vylad?", Katelyn sighed, combing back her hair. "Now she been kicked out of home-" 

"She wasn't kicked out. She walked away from the problem to take a minute to decompress,", Vylad assured her. "She'll be able to confront Ein in due time. Don't even worry about it." 

"But still..."

They saw Aphmau's car park across the street and soon, they saw the petite woman come out and walk across the street. She smiled at them, making the two feel a little bit better. 

"Are you okay? Why didn't you come here?", Katelyn asked as she came up to them. 

"I'm fine, still a little shaken by the whole thing,", Aphmau answered truthfully. "I just...I just found it better to spend the night at the center. I didn't want to be a burden that late at night." 

"Aph...you're never a burden to us,", Vylad said softly. "My parents love you like their own daughter. They would do anything for you." 

"I know, I know. But, the aquarium is really a comforting place for me. I was able to really take a deep breath there and process everything. Plus, they have everything you need there." 

Katelyn smirked all of sudden, remembering who was there. "So he is attractive?" 

Aphmau's face turned a light shade of pink. "N-No! I mean...y-yes but it's not like that! He's just really nice and a good listener." 

"So are we, I hope,", Vylad murmured, now having the same expression as the blue-haired woman standing besides him. 

"You are, I just-", Aphmau was growing more and more flustered before she said; "Look! Garroth's is just really understanding and kind to me. Besides, he was all alone last night too so, I was able to keep him company as well! Now, can I please have my clothes?" 

"Haha! Sure! Here you go!", Katelyn shrugged, laughing at how red Aphmau's face was turning. "Also...Garroth? Really?" 

Aphmau snatched the bag and said; "Thank you for bring these and for your information, I think Garroth is a lovely name." 

"Says the girl who is falling in love with a fishman,", Vylad added, crossing his arms. 

"S-Shut up!", The small girl exclaimed while the other two laughed. "Look, Vylad, can I bother you for two veggie sandwiches again?" 

"Sure Aph, anything. Be right back,", Vylad smiled, walking into the deli again to get started on them. 

"Well, I hope to meet this guy one day,", Katelyn said, lightening the mood a bit. "He sounds like a good guy if your so comfortable around him." 

"He is...where are you staying by the way?"

"Vylad and his parents allowed me to take their guest room upstairs. So, if you want to stay, I'll be here." 

"Thanks Katelyn. For everything." 

"Of course,", She exhaled, hugging her sister tightly. "Text me later tonight so I know you're okay." 

"Will do." 

...

"Oh my Irene, these are great!", Garroth exclaimed, trying one of the potato chips that Vylad gave Aphmau. "So these start off in the ground?"