23

Katelyn, Aaron, and Vylad all decided to go get food for dinner while Aphmau and Garroth stayed behind. She insisted that he put on the shirt immediately, him going into the public bathroom to do it. When he came out, she laughed, seeing that the shirt was a size too big for him.

"It looks perfect!" She exclaimed though, clapping her hands. Garroth only laughed with her and said; "Thanks! You really didn't have to get it for me..."

"Are you kidding? It was really cheap and besides, you deserve a gift from me for not getting you out of there sooner." Garroth frowned. He hated that she thought she could've done better. I mean, he was out, wasn't he? Why was she so hung up on it? "Aph...you did everything you could. I don't mind that it took this long. I'm out and that's all I could ask for."

Aphmau looked down and played with the ends of her hair. "I just...I know how much you want to go back.  Now knowing that you're someone really important and you have a family down there, it just gives me more of a reason to-"

"Hey, stop it,", Garroth said, taking her hands. "This is why I didn't want to tell you. Don't stress yourself out. I know I'll go home one day and I'm okay waiting. I'm here with you and everyone else. So there's something to stay for."

Aphmau smiled up at him and hugged him tightly. It was actually the first time she's done it on dry land. The blonde seemed to realize as well and hugged her back, savoring the moment. Is it weird that he noticed that her hair smelled like coconut? They stood there in each other's arms for a bit but, parted soon after. "Well, your highness, I would love to hear more about your life now that I know who you are. Care to sit on the beach with me?"

Garroth smirked and took her hand again, saying; "Gladly."

For the next forty-five minutes, the two of them just chatted about life. Nothing too serious. Garroth told her about his life as the Prince of O'Khasis and she talked about life here on the surface. Garroth did have a question on his mind though that he wanted to ask. "So...how much do humans actually know about my world?"

"Well,", Aphmau trailed off, twisting her hair, watching the waves hit the shore, "not much really. We only know a fraction of what's really out there. I think that's why I wanted to do this job. To help discover more."

Garroth nodded and leaned back, his hands in the sand. Aphmau knew that the two of them would have sand sticking on their shorts for the rest of the evening but, she didn't care. It was just part of the experience really. The blonde went on saying; "You know...merfolk only knows a fraction about the human world too, if it makes you feel better. We had no idea how advanced your society was...and how nice most of you are."

"Gee thanks," Aphmau teased him, sticking out her tongue. He only playfully pushed her, saying to her; "You know what I meant. I just...from what everyone tells me, humans are just selfish monsters and that I should be afraid of you." He leaned his head on his knees, looking over to her. "But, I don't have an ounce of fear talking to you."

Aphmau grinned again, rest her hand on his'. "I'm glad..." She then leaned her head on his shoulder, staring at the waves still in the distance. Garroth's heart rate picked up speed but, he remained silent as he watched them with her. She muttered to herself; "I wish we both could discover everything about each other's worlds."

Garroth heard it and an idea popped into his head. It was stupid but, just a suggestion. "What if...What if you came with me?"

She sat up again, looking at him like he was crazy. "W-What?"

Garroth realized he would have to go into more detail...so he did. "W-Well, with that potion my mother has, you could turn into a merfolk like me. Also...you'd be able to explore the ocean. Discover new things just like you wanted. Maybe...start a new life without the stress here." He was specifically thinking about her mom and this supposed brother she had. He picked up on the fact that she wasn't in a good place with either of them at the moment. "It was just a silly idea though,", He sighed, trying to remind himself of that fact. "I don't even know how it would all work and you do have a life here...with your friends and work. I was just thinking-"