30

The group pulled up to the docks later that evening, Jay dropping them off. He rolled down the window and explained to them; "Now my friend is going to be down at the end. He has a large green pontoon boat. Can't miss it."

"Thank you dear," Zianna smiled, kissing him on the cheek goodbye. "Call me if you see anything suspicious."

"Will do!" He saluted to them, turning to Garroth a moment to say; "It was nice meeting you. Good luck getting home. Hope to see you again sometime."

Garroth smiled at him and nodded his head. "Thank you for everything."

Jay then drove off, letting the group walk down the dock. They all remained quiet, not wanting to draw too much attention. Eventually, they made it to the boat, a large man coming up to them.

"Are you Jay's group?"

Zianna nodded her head, handing him a small envelope of what the others assumed was money. "Don't tell anyone. Please."

He nodded his head, motioning for everyone to come aboard. Everyone got on one by one while the man started undocking. Aphmau and Vylad showed Garroth where to sit and sat on either side of him. Everyone took their seats and got settled right when the engine started and they were off. The blonde watched as the shoreline became smaller and smaller in the distance, wishing slightly that he could stay a bit longer to explore it. But, he knew that he was making the right choice.

"Okay Gar," Zianna started, handing him the potion. "Once you drink this potion, jump into the water. You only have a limited amount of time for the transformation to occur."

"Sounds easy enough," The blonde said, nervously trying to be positive. Aphmau just rubbed his shoulder as a way to assure him it would turn out fine.

The crew just went out further into sea, the dark night making the usual bright blue sea look gray and ominous instead. The man eventually stopped and anchored, the only movement coming from the waves hitting the boat itself. He came up to the group and explained; "You have ten minutes. I don't want to be out here too long."

With that, he decided to keep his distance, looking uninterested. Garroth was the first to stand, holding the potion in his hand. "Before I go...I just want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for helping me. I don't know where I'd be if it wasn't for you all."

"Don't mention it," Aaron got up, clasping his shoulder. "You're worth saving Garroth. Just don't get yourself tangled in something like that again."

"Yeah," Katelyn sighed. "As much as I enjoyed getting to know you, this was exhausting."

The blonde chuckled as he gave the two a quick hug. Zianna came up next, not saying a word as she embrace her son another time. When she parted, she looked into those deep blue eyes that she remembered so dearly and said; "I'm always here for you. I might've not been before but I am now."

Garroth smiled brightly as he gave his mother another hug. He then looked to Vylad, letting his arm out to join. The brunette didn't hesitate as he joined in the small family cuddle. He jokingly passed to his brother after; "I better not see you next time because I have to break you out somewhere."

"Don't worry. You won't," Garroth gave him a gentle smile. He glanced back at Aphmau who was shyly waiting her turn to say goodbye, whispering to Vylad after; "Take care of her, for me? I know we just met and all but-"

"I will. I promise," Vylad interrupted him, assuring him he had nothing to worry about. "Just make sure you get home safe."

The two brothers shared another hug before Garroth turned his full attention to Aphmau, who bravely put on a smile as he went up to her. The other group members tried to give them their privacy but, it was admittedly difficult since it was a pontoon boat. But, there wasn't much to be said. The two had already made the decision that saying goodbye was too hard.
Garroth took her hand with his free one, kissing the top of it. "Thank you Aph...for everything."