19

Zianna slowly pulled into the research center's parking lot, going towards the back door. Aphmau sat next to her while Aaron, Vylad, and Katelyn were in the back seat. Jay's old college car was rusty and sounded like it was going to die at any moment. But, Zianna preferred it since it didn't have any license plates attached to it. When the others grew concerned about it, she insisted that it was safe and that the reason why it had no license plates was because they fell off years ago. Unfortunately, that didn't calm anyone but, no matter. Everyone was pretty set on getting Garroth out instead of making sure the rust bucket was registered correctly.

"Okay, now everyone pull your hoods up and keep your heads down until we get inside,", Aphmau explained. "Until Aaron shuts off those security cameras, our faces could be recorded."

"Wow, didn't know that cameras could record our faces,", Vylad mumbled, looking at his feet. He hadn't been in the best of moods the past couple of hours. Nobody blamed him though. He was going through a lot to say the least.

Zianna parked the car behind the building and the others immediately saw the door. The all looked at each other and silently agreed that it was time to go. Everyone got of the car, pulling on their hoods from their sweatshirts and followed Aaron to the door. He turned his key, put in a passcode and the door unlocked. He let everyone pile in first while he went in last.

"The room should be just down this hallway. I'll see if I can turn them off and maybe delete the footage from the parking lot,", Aaron said, walking in the front again. They entered the room, Aaron immediately going to the computers. He opened up the tab with the footage on it and it wasn't long until they were off. "You guys go ahead and get Garroth while I delete this."

They all nodded and took off their hoods before rushing out. Aphmau led the group to the aquarium, Katelyn and Vylad trying to hold back their awe at some of the creatures inside. Zianna and Aphmau were focused though, keeping their eyes forward. They entered the area where Garroth was kept and that's when Zianna stopped as well. He was sleeping at the bottom of the tank, his gold and blue scales shimmering in the light. Katelyn and Vylad were also speechless.

"He's...He's beautiful,", Katelyn uttered out but, snapped out of it saying; "Sorry that was were but, can you blame me?"

Aphmau smiled to herself, answering; "Not at all."

She knocked on the tank, waking him up. Seeing her, he immediately bolted up, surprised that she was back so soon. She pointed up and he began to swim to the surface while the others ran up the stairs.

"Garroth!", Aphmau said, joy filling her.

"Aph! You're back so soon!", Garroth back, combing his wet hair back. Then, he realized the other three behind her and he asked; "Who are your friends?"

Aphmau looked back at Zianna, who only came forward and smiled at the man in the water. Tears came to her eyes as she looked at him, reminding her of her husband she left behind. He looked so much like his younger self...handsome and strong. She couldn't believe it. But, she decided to put it all aside and focused on getting him out of here first. "Hello Garroth. I know a way to get you out of here."

Garroth swore he recognized her but, he shook the thought away. He asked; "O-Okay...what is it?"

Zianna pulled out the bottle from her sweatshirt pocket. It still glowed a bright pink, scaring Garroth a little. She kneeled by the edge of the pool, saying; "This will turn you into a human. Temporarily of course. We'll change you back once you're safe."

Garroth, not fully trusting this woman quite yet, looked at Aphmau for reassurance. She kneeled next to Zianna and said; "Trust her Garroth. She's just like you...I promise she's not here to trick you."