24

Aphmau and the group walked down her street, seeing her house in the middle of the cul-de-sac. She knew Ein was there, seeing artificial blue light from the living room in the now early evening. She felt shivers go up her spine, thinking about him. Her cheek tingled from the memory of being hit by him and his words pounded into her head. She took a deep breath as she turned to the others and said; "Garroth and I will go in. You all stay out here and we'll call you if we need help."

"But Aph," Katelyn urged her, looking mildly concerned, "this man is a danger. We should be there to support you."

"N-No," She replied, looking sweetly at them. "I don't want him to see you all and then involve you guys. If I get in trouble, then I won't pull you three down with me."

"Aph-", Aaron started to which she only stopped him. She smiled to him and said; "You've all been such good friends to me but, I need to do this myself. Besides...Garroth will be there. Right?"

The blonde only nodded his head, reassuring her that he's right behind her the whole way. The three begrudgingly agreed to the plan, letting the two enter the house. Aphmau took a deep breath as she stepped onto the porch. Garroth stopped her before opening the door, saying; "I'll be right there. I promise."

She smiled at him, nodding again. She had enough courage to finally open the door. The two slipped inside and Aphmau immediately saw Ein on the couch, watching some talk show. The crowd laughed as she entered, Ein's head snapping over to her. His shocked face molded into a grin as he switched off the television, turning on the lamp besides him instead. "I thought you were going to flake on me."

"Well, I'm here," Aphmau managed to get out, standing proudly even though her knees were about to buckle. "What do you want?"

"I think you know exactly what I want," He smirked at her, getting up and stalking over to her. "Where is it?"

"Where's what?"

"Don't play dumb with me. I'm not the person you want to piss off right now. The creature. Where is it?"

"It's back at the research center, last of my knowledge. What? Do you think I'm smart enough to actually be the one who broke it out?" Aphmau stated, crossing her arms. She was proud of herself for a moment. She found a hole in his facade. Yet, he smirked and said; "Sometimes idiots have their winning moments."

While this was all happening, Garroth was able to get a good look at him. He was shocked to see some similarities between the two, appearance wise. Minus the grey eyes and blue streak of hair, Ein was almost a male copy of Aphmau. It was terrifying in all honesty. How could someone who resemble her so much be a monster? He finally gave Garroth a glance, scanning him up and down. "Are you her bodyguard or what?"

"I'm just a friend," The blonde responded, not being afraid of the man who was at least three inches shorter than him. "You shouldn't be speaking to her that way and threatening her either."

Ein just rolled his eyes yet, laughed a bit saying; "Oh you like her, don't you?" Garroth froze, a blush semi-appearing on his face. Ein went on saying; "I don't blame you. Trust me, if she wasn't my sister, I would try to take a piece of her myself."

Aphmau and Garroth both mentally vomited. Aphmau was disturbed that he thought of her that way and Garroth was disgusted that he referred to her as some piece of cake or something. "I'd watch it,", He warned Ein, gripping his fist.

"You're in my house," Ein just shrugged, paying the threat no mind. "I'll call the authorities if you try to hurt me fishboy."

Aphmau stopped, eyes widening. Ein only smiled at her and pulled out a folder from behind him, waving it in her face. "Looks like the potato played a bad move. I told you that sometimes an fool can have their moment but, they eventually fall down."