Nozel Silva ( Paper Hearts)

Nozel POV

It happened again

I saw it yet again like I do every night

The same papers flying into the sky.

But where does it come from? Where is it going?

It comes in different sizes and shapes.

Some nights it's paper jets flying. Other nights it's paper birds.

I do not have any problem with it. In fact it soothes me. Watching the papers fly off and sometimes during the day I start to guess what type of paper would appear during the night. A dragon? A sword? And so forth.

Tonight I plan on finding the source of these papers. So I waited patiently till I finally saw tiny paper brooms flying out of the balcony. I flew up to it and saw more brooms come out. It is a marvelous sight indeed. I finally walked further till I entered the room.

There I saw a beautiful woman making paper brooms from her magic. She was so focused that she didn't even notice my presence till one of the brooms hit me which made her look up. Her eyes sparkled so beautifully. Her skin lit by the moonlight.

"Master Nozel? I'm sorry I did not see you. Have I bothered you in any way? Or perhaps do you need something?", she asked in a calm, soft voice.

"No I was curious about the papers that I see flying outside every night and I wanted to know where it comes from"

"Oh I'm sorry if it bothered you. I'll stop--"

"There's no need for that. It calms me", she smiled, "That's good"

"Why do you do this every night? I don't even see you around the palace. Are you a royal?"

"No sir I'm not. I'm a maid. I work for your siblings . I was supposed to work for you this week but I fell ill so I got the week off"

"Is that so?", she's a maid. Interesting.

"This is how I train. I make different things from paper. I want to test how fast my creativity is. So I start by making harmless objects till I can make ones that will be good for battle. It's a little hard to explain", she chuckled nervously.

"It's quite alright. I understand but..... I would love to come here tomorrow night to see how you do it and also to train you. If you'll let me?", her cheeks were tinted pink.

"I would love that Master Nozel"

"Just Nozel"

"... Okay Nozel", I bid her farewell and left to my chambers. I took one last look towards the balcony and saw tiny paper hearts flying out. I grinned.

She's interesting