Part 39

KHUSHI

It was really sweet, the way Arnav was so worried about me and was always trying to make me feel better and take care of me and everything.

As soon as I got well, we both returned to college, of course we had a lot of catching up to do, it was hectic, the only time we got to spend together was when he would come to pick me up for college and drop me, at least sometimes we did manage to spend an evening together or so... so it wasn't bad.

As I waited for his car outside the house, I couldn't stop smiling for some reason, I mean of course a lot had happened between us, but we got through it all, even the biggest fear Arnav had was now gone.

I hated when the accident happened, and I hated the fact that I was in coma, it was just too traumatizing for me also, but now I was starting to understand that everything happens for a reason.

Maybe the accident occurred for Arnav to realize his strength or maybe for me to know that he wasn't going to run away like he did in the past, or maybe to finally bring Aditi to trust Arnav and actually believe that he was a different person now.

He might have run away from his problems in the past but not anymore, he stayed, he stayed for me and for our love and there wasn't anything more I could ask for.

Of course, Aditi and Arnav weren't best of friends, but at least they managed to stay in the same room without arguing or hating on each other, and I think that was a great start, right?

Arnav's car pulled over as he rolled down the window and waved at me, I waved back as I walked towards it, opened the door and got inside.

"Good morning baby." He smiled and he pulled me in for a kiss, he pecked on my lips and smiled.

"Good morning." I smiled back

"Ready for college?"

"As always... we're almost caught up, I wouldn't want to miss any classes anymore, it's so stressful." I giggled.

"I know, I've been having a headache, at times I wonder why I even took this course." He laughed as he turned on the car and drove off.

"So... how's Jiya doing?" I asked.

"She's good, she's finally coming to terms with us dating because I dint run away this time." He smiled.

"That's good." I smiled back.

After a short drive, we arrived at the university, Arnav parked his car in the parking lot and then we both stepped out and found Aditi and Jai waiting for us in the parking lot.

I rushed to greet them while Arnav locked his car and then followed me, there was yet some time before our classes started so we stood there talking about stuff, and everything just seemed perfect.

*****

As soon as the class was done, Arnav had disappeared suddenly, I headed out to look for Aditi or Jai so we could go have lunch somewhere I was pretty hungry.

I found Aditi just a few steps away from my classroom as she was also coming to look for me, so the both of us decided to go get something to eat from the canteen and take Jai along incase we found him.

"Where is your clingy boyfriend today?" Aditi asked casually as we walked to the canteen.

"Come on, he's not clingy." I laughed.

"He hasn't left your side since you started coming back to college, he's always with you like I have even had a proper girl to girl time with you and we are supposed to be best friends." Aditi said.

"Okay I know that, but he's just worried since the accident, he's just trying to make sure I am okay, he will get over it in a while, like see today he's not with me."

"Yeah, that's a first." She rolled her eyes.

"Why do you still hate him, I mean he stayed, you were always so sure he wouldn't stay with me, he proved you wrong, what more do you need from the poor guy?" I pouted.

"I have accepted him as your boyfriend, now don't ask too much from me, a part of me will always be mad at him for what he did to Sakshi, that is going to stay."

"Okay fine, I am just glad that you aren't arguing anymore and now that you know I can even talk about him to you."

"What about him?"

"Nothing, you know random boyfriend stuff." I giggled.

"Oh like the dirty stuff?" She smirked.

"Not that..." I shrugged.

"Wait, you mean to tell me nothing has happened between you two yet?" Aditi looked at me in surprise.

"I dint say so... and why are you surprised about it?"

"You dint say so but your expressions do. I am just surprised at how changed you are... the old Khushi would have done everything by now." She laughed.

"What do you think of me?" I looked at her in shock, seriously like why would she think that way? What did I do to make her think that way?

Anyway of course I wanted to take the next step in our relationship, and I am sure if the accident hadn't happened, we would have already, but it did and for a long time all Arnav did was just take care of me and later we just got so busy and tired with college life.

It was now that things had finally started falling back in place, so I was hoping for a step forward, don't judge me, I had desires just like everyone else out there okay.

"Do you think he's going to be good?" Aditi asked, I looked at her in confusion for a moment and then finally understood what she meant, serious now this girl was becoming too much.

"Shut up! You don't like him, why do you want to know?" I laughed it off.

"Because you are my best friend and I am supposed to know."

"I'm not telling you anything about it." I said, we finally got some food and settled down in the canteen to eat, gladly there were a lot of people around so Aditi changed the topic of our conversation, it was becoming a bit awkward.

But now that she had mentioned it, I couldn't stop wondering about it though, like how it was all going to be and stuff you know.

I was hoping it was going to happen soon though.

*****

When I went back to the afternoon class, Arnav was already back and seated in his usual place so I went to sit beside him, he looked at me with a smile immediately.

"So... where had you disappeared all over a sudden?" I asked.

"I just had some work do to so I thought I'd finish it then get back to classes and then that way I can get to spend more time with you in the evening as I wouldn't have to do it then."

"I see you've thought a lot." I smiled.

"Yeah, I was also thinking, how would you like to come home with me today? Jiya has gone to stay at her friend's place, we can do whatever you want, watch movies and stuff, it would be fun." He asked.

"What about your dad?"

"He won't be home either anyway he shows up like once in a while." Arnav sighed.

"Okay, but we'll have to pass by my place to pick my clothes."

"Don't worry about that, everything will be sorted."

"Great, I'm already excited for it." I said excitedly, spending alone time with him, duh that was all I wanted and we were finally getting the chance so of course I was going to be excited.

"Oh, I'm sure you'll be more excited when we get home." He laughed.

"Why? What do you have planned?"

"Something interesting." He smirked.

"Now I want to go home right now, I want to know, is it romantic?" I looked at him totally excited.

"Maybe." He laughed.

"Take me home now please." I pouted like a baby to which he just laughed, maybe my hormones were really acting up today.