Part 14

"Khushi, look who's here." I heard my father's voice which I decided to ignore, it was because of him that I had lost a friend like Aditi and I don't know if she was ever going to forgive me for what I did.

I wish she could, I would do anything to get her forgiveness, all I wanted was our friendship to get back to what it used to be.

I heard a knock at the door of my room and it made me mad, I don't know why I was feeling irritated of everything today.

"Leave me alone!" I shouted angrily hoping my dad would let me be in peace for a while but instead he wanted to make me madder so he opened my door.

"What is..." Before I could complete my sentence, I saw Aditi walk in instead of my dad.

Holy Shit!

"Oh My God! Aditi." I looked at her in surprise, I dint even know why she was here, maybe she was here to forgive me, maybe he was here to tell me horrible things for hiding things from her but I still felt happy that she was here.

"I thought I'd come to talk to you given that I left just like that earlier today." She smiled faintly.

"It's okay, I understand. I would have left the same way if I found out something like that too." I said.

"So... I talked to my mother and it turns out, you were right." She said as she settled down on the bed, I sat down beside her looking at her, I dint even know what to say to make her feel better, I was terrible at comforting people.

"I am sorry Khushi for staying mad at you for so long and I'm sorry for ruining your dress, I just thought I wasn't important to you because you left just like that. You never even called."

"What would I have said if I called Aditi, the problem was that I was hiding things from you and I dint want to."

"I don't believe our parents could do something like this, I mean first of all my own mother. I am so ashamed of her." She wiped off the tears rolling down her eyes.

"It's okay Adi... its life, shit happens." I said as I moved closer to her and put my arm around her shoulder to comfort her.

"I don't even know what to do now, where to go from here. Should I tell dad? Should I let him stay in the dark? Why the hell did she have to do this to us? If I tell dad there's a chance of my entire family falling apart, if I don't, I will fall apart." She cried.

"Hey... you don't have to make the decision right away. Give it a few day, you can relax and then think whether you should tell him or not."

"I guess you are right."

"You know you can stay here if you don't want to go home today."

"I know... I just don't think it would be comfortable, I've hated you for so long." She tried to giggle.

"I know, but I promise I won't make it awkward, we can forget whatever that happened and just act like the way we used to in high school." I suggested.

"That is if you have forgiven me." I added.

"Let's see, I am thinking of forgiving you for leaving me and keeping such a huge truth from me, but what are you willing to do to get our friendship back?"

"Anything." I replied immediately.

"I was kidding you don't have to do anything." She laughed as she pulled me into a hug and I finally felt at peace after so long.

"So I think I'm staying over then, and then you can tell me all about your boyfriend and stuff."

"I don't have a boyfriend." I rolled my eyes at her.