Part 11

I stood outside Jiya's room still wondering why she called me here, I mean out of all the people in the world, what was it from me that she needed?

I knocked and then walked in, she was seated on her bed with books around her, she smiled at me as soon as her eyes fell on me.

"I'm glad you came." She smiled.

"And I'm wondering why you called me here." I said, I really wanted to know what she needed from me.

"How about you sit down and we talk." She patted on the empty side of her bed, I nodded as I walked towards her and settled down, still looking at her curiously.

"I know this is going to be a personal question, and trust me I don't want to be creepy or anything, but I really have to ask. Do you like my brother? Anyhow, as a friend or anything?" She asked.

I looked at her in surprise, this were the kind of questions you would expect from parents or friends not little sisters, why was she asking this anyway.

"No." I stated immediately.

"Okay. Do you think my brother likes you?"

"Why would you think that? I don't think Arnav would ever like anyone, have you met him?" I laughed at the thought of it, all Arnav ever did was to terrify people.

"I have met him Khushi, he is my brother, I know him better than anyone else."

"Then you should know all he ever does it threaten people and terrify them and beat them up, he wouldn't like anyone ever." I said.

"Why hasn't he threatened you, or terrified you then?" Jiya asked.

"He has."

"And you're still here. You still ask him stupid questions and he answers them all, do you know Arnav would never any anyone's question? Not even one."

"So what are you implying?"

"I don't know, just that he is different around you, I noticed it that day when we came to drop you home and I thought maybe you could be the only one to help me.

Arnav wasn't always like this, he changed after... mom. He is not the same person, all he wants to do is hurt people and push them away. But he doesn't do that with you." Jiya said.

"So what do you want from me?"

"Nothing much, just that if you don't like him stay away from him. He isn't good with losing people, I don't want him to get worse. I am not trying to be rude or anything, neither is it that I don't like you or stuff, I'm just looking out for him." She smiled.

"Okay, if that's what you think." I sighed.

"Thanks Khushi." She smiled at me. I nodded as I stood up to leave, I don't know why everything was so confusing, what was it with Arnav, and why instead of him having to look out for his little sister, it was his sister looking out for him?

*****

I headed downstairs and found Arnav seated in the hall, he had his phone which he was staring at very keenly, I tried to ignore him and just walk away but eventually he noticed me.

"You're leaving already?" He asked as he stood up.

"Yeah." I shrugged.

"Did my sister scare you off or something? She can't act more than her age sometimes, don't mind her."

"No, nothing like that, she just needed help with some girly problem." I smiled as I walked outside.

"Wait, I'll drop you back home." Arnav said as he came running behind me.