Part 19

ARNAV RAIZADA

"Did you bring my stuff?" Jiya asked as I walked inside.

She was seated in the hall, watching TV with a bowl full of ice cream, she licked the spoon and looked at me expecting an answer.

Damn it! I forgot, all because of Khushi, if she wouldn't argue with me, I wouldn't have forgotten, she was really getting into my head. Jiya had told me in the morning to pass by bookstore and pick some books and I forgot, I never forgot anything regarding her.

"Shit! I am so sorry, I totally forgot. Can I bring them tomorrow?"

"Sure, you must have had a terrible day to forget about it, do you want to talk about it?" She placed her bowl aside and looked at me.

"How do you do that? How do you just figure out what's happening with me without me telling you a thing?"

"Because I am your sister, and I know you better duh." She rolled her eyes.

"Fine, but I don't want to talk about it, I'll just head to my room." I shrugged as I headed upstairs straight to my room, I banged the door angrily and sat down on my bed feeling frustrated, I hated this, I hated everything that had been happening to me since the day I met her.

Why wouldn't I just stop thinking about her? What was wrong with me? I've always pushed everyone away, I mean the whole university hates me, but I don't know why I can't bring this girl to hate me, whatever I do, just ends up doing the opposite.

I heard a knock at the door of my room and as I looked up, I saw Jiya walk in, she wasn't going to let this go until she found out what was going on, such a nosy little sister!

"What's wrong Arnav?" She asked as she sat down beside me looking at me worriedly.

"Nothing."

"Is it about Khushi?"

"Why would you think it's about her?" I looked at her curiously, I hadn't ever mentioned anything about Khushi to her, how did she know it? You see what I was saying, this girl just knows everything without me having to tell her, it good but irritating sometimes.

"Because maybe you like her?"

"Huh, please. I don't like her at all." I rolled my eyes, wow I dint even mean what I said.

"Really? If that is so, why do you have her picture as your wallpaper?"

"I don't."

"Oh God Arnav!" She looked at me madly and then next moment she grabbed my phone from where I had placed it, and when she pressed the button, Khushi's photograph showed up, I remember taking that picture of hers secretly that night at the fresher's party, she looked so beautiful, I had to take a picture.

No one could ever do justice to my mother's clothes, I mean I remember even Jiya trying them but she just couldn't pull them off like mom used to, but Khushi did, very well actually.

"What does this mean then?" She waved the phone in front of me.

"It's just that I like that dress, it reminds me of mom and I don't have a picture of mom in that dress." Wow, what a lame excuse Arnav. I put that picture as my wallpaper because I loved it, she looked so beautiful in it.

"I know you like her Arnav." Jiya said as she stood up and started walking around my room, well I knew that too, if I dint know it I wouldn't try to push her away. I hated that she was getting this close to me without trying, I dint want anyone being that close to me!

"You are right, I like her." I sighed. I mean there was no point pretending not to like her, Jiya always knew things about me that I dint even know sometimes, and lying wasn't going to change the fact that I liked Khushi, more than I should.